Download the videos

Location of the Videos
mrmajic

Re: Download the videos

Post by mrmajic »

I too have changed the code so much, that its no where near the tut code. .. i guess the whole idea for having the easy download is so people can just download it, watch it .. and learn .. so i would suggest that you put a txt file in the zip explaining any of these suggestions for possibles fixes to the game .. just for those that want to learn .. i think you've done a good thing, takes some of the pressure off halls for doing it ..
Mr Majic...

Current Project: http://www.deltarealm.net
feedback welcome.
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

I am downloading my own files now. I will see if I have problems with them in different browsers. People will have to want to learn on their own by these tuts rather than just copying them and hoping that Halls will just make them a great game. People will need to have their own ideas and come up with their own stuff for their game. People have to do their own research on things as well. This is a great site but I don't think the people here are going to create their game for them.

If their was a category for the downloads, There might be a section for those that are having problems with browser problems. I won't mind helping out with those but I don't have all the time. I would be glad to help in that area as I had read in another topic that the site might be looking for help in areas.

I only have just over 2 months exp myself. Today I learned making my message board, wordwrap in textarea, echo links to profile pages. I am a noob. I will help as much as I can as I have had so much help.
mrmajic

Post by mrmajic »

ALL im saying, is that if you are going to make the whole game available to download, and the .sql file, then atleast make it so people can play it, then they can look at the code, watch the videos .. all part of the learning process..
Mr Majic...

feedback welcome.
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

I guess I will shut it down then. I was just tryng to be helpful with the vids and codes in one spot but if you want to try and get on my ass that I am not doing good at all then there is no problem with shutting down. I guess I just need to login, read and shut up.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

absolutely not. I am glad you uploaded them. We had a member that needed them.
mrmajic

Post by mrmajic »

mrmajic wrote:I too have changed the code so much, that its no where near the tut code. .. i guess the whole idea for having the easy download is so people can just download it, watch it .. and learn .. so i would suggest that you put a txt file in the zip explaining any of these suggestions for possibles fixes to the game .. just for those that want to learn .. i think you've done a good thing, takes some of the pressure off halls for doing it ..
um .. i think your over reacting .. i was just giving some advice... gee .. i guess, ill just login, look, and shutup..

dont take it down .. just making people aware of possibilities of errors that they may incounter if they download it, and playing it as is..
Mr Majic...

feedback welcome.
alexrules01

Post by alexrules01 »

The </a> was missing from the original code that Hall's posted. It's no-ones fault, just add them in. :D
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

alexrules01 wrote:The </a> was missing from the original code that Hall's posted. It's no-ones fault, just add them in. :D
Ive seen a couple of little mistakes, theres a div tag that wasnt closed too, just little things that could easily be overlooked after writing up pages and pages of code. The mistakes make sure people learn the code though, that way if they dont learn to sort the code themselves then they wont have a fully functional game.
This isnt just a gimp mask...This is an S&M gimp mask...
mrmajic

Post by mrmajic »

my point was made simply for information purposes .. if you were downloading the game, then just a bit of help. :mrgreen:
Mr Majic...

feedback welcome.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i will be the first to admit I make mistakes. I over look things all the time in coding. half the time I don't catch them till I test the game :) I appreciate everyone catching them for me.

Return to “Older Browser MMO Videos”