Urban Realms
http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=51
Forsaken Sanctum 1.0
http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=67
NDest

Re: More videos?

Post by NDest »

You should continue this Browser MMO Tutorials with requested ideas,
like people would want to make something they didnt know, so they would request a video.

its just my idea but it would be useful for some people,

Best Regards,
NDest
NDest.
Onwer of
a minecaft server
Losdivinos

Post by Losdivinos »

Make a system that allows players to fight each other to the MMO :D
Ask me anything about SEO & Marketing.
countvoldermort

Post by countvoldermort »

Here are my requests:

1)Finish the Ticket system you started 2 years ago
2)PVP System
3)Add pictures of the creature
4)Avatar(like pick your own like the one on runescape(i dont play it anymore) or 'The West')
5)Grid based map system like on 'The West' and Triabalwars(mainly The West )
6)Guild Forum(Like Tribal Wars one(even better like this one))
7)Game forum, E.G Tribal wars(If that will take to much time make somthing simpler)
8)Level based rank system
9)Graphics overall
10)How to add different item types, healing, combat, ranged(changing previous if needed)

Thats all i can think of at the moment, i may edit it from time to time to add things to it
Im dumb;)
Chris

Post by Chris »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:looking for more videos?

I also have 2 other games I have released to the community with videos

Urban Realms
http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=51
Forsaken Sanctum 1.0
http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=67
Holy shit how many games do you make? Must be hard keeping to one story line or something?
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

well now I have cavern crawl and project battle as well. Need to add those.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

countvoldermort wrote:Here are my requests:

1)Finish the Ticket system you started 2 years ago
2)PVP System
3)Add pictures of the creature
4)Avatar(like pick your own like the one on runescape(i dont play it anymore) or 'The West')
5)Grid based map system like on 'The West' and Triabalwars(mainly The West )
6)Guild Forum(Like Tribal Wars one(even better like this one))
7)Game forum, E.G Tribal wars(If that will take to much time make somthing simpler)
8)Level based rank system
9)Graphics overall
10)How to add different item types, healing, combat, ranged(changing previous if needed)

Thats all i can think of at the moment, i may edit it from time to time to add things to it
What is the point of adding graphics? It is my understanding that the graphics Halls uses are not publicly usable (aka you must make your own, as he either owns a personal license for them, or they are unlicensed and just used as placeholders; I am not sure which or if a mixture of both), so there really isn't much of a point. Anyway, here are my thoughts on your list:

1. I can see that, but I think some people have made their own and put up the code, but I don't quite remember.
2. There has been a lot of requests for that, so that would definitely be worthy of something to add. Of course you have to keep in mind that real-time PvP is very difficult in a PBBG, so it may not be what you are expecting.
3. See my note above about graphics. If you just mean you want to know how to add monster graphics, that is very easy. Just clarify if that is what you mean, and I can easily tell you.
4. Never played "The West", but if you are picking a pre-made avatar, that would be very easy as well. Just another field to store in the database, and then use that field reference whenever you want to use the avatar image on a page.
5. I believe Halls has a map system in one of the other tutorial series. Hold off on that until you finish this tutorial series, as you will run into it down the line.
6. Make a whole forum?! That is not what this tutorial is about. There are tons of tutorials out there for making message board systems, but to make one that even approaches the power of phpBB is an insane amount of work. Use a pre-made forum, for sure. Making one from scratch is a whole, huge project in itself.
7. Again, there are tons of tutorials out there for making websites. Millions, probably. But it is about making something uniquely your own, and that just takes practice.
8. You mean a ranking page that all players can see that creates a "Top <blank> Players" page, like highest level, most kills, etc.? There are a couple of tutorials floating around the forum here for that already.
9. Again, see note above about graphics.
10. This would be a good update, as some items do have some tricky logic to get fully integrated into the game.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Some of this list is coming in the upcoming videos. I really have been swamped lately so have not had much time.
countvoldermort

Post by countvoldermort »

Any idea on when the next videos will be out??
Im dumb;)
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

countvoldermort wrote:Any idea on when the next videos will be out??
My guess would be "When they are done"

Or it could be "Real soon now"

Take your pick :lol:

Seriously, Halls will get them out when he gets time - he's a busy guy. Cut him some slack :)

Return to “Older Browser MMO Videos”