Dot World Maker - Christmas 2016 contest

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
a_bertrand

Dot World Maker - Christmas 2016 contest

Post by a_bertrand »

Hi!

To celebrate the end of year (and as well a bit my engine), I decided to make a first Christmas contest! Everyone is invited to participate, you don't need to purchase anything, nor have so many skills, nor invest so much time ;)

Goal:
Create a SMALL and FUNNY little game with as theme Christmas!

Rules:
- For the validity of the contest we need at least 5 participants, so invite your friends / share the words! if we don't have enough entries we will need to cancel the contest.
- You need to submit your game name via PM on this forum (subject Christmas Contest with the name of your game)
- You can re-use the art we offer, but if you modify it to be snowy it would be even better ;)
- Just a map will not be valid, you need at least some NPC dialogs such to introduce some fun
- The deadline for the submission is 31th Dec. 2016
- We will then elect the best entry till 6th Jan 2016 and the winner will be announced here, and receive a steam code for the value of 20$
- You can do it with the free or the standard edition

What counts:
- A complete (even if short) story
- Stick to the theme
- Fun to play

Where to start:
Register here and start building: https://www.dotworldmaker.com
Tutorial can be found here: https://www.dotworldmaker.com/Help/crea ... _game.html

Can I talk about it / Ask questions?:
Sure, just drop a line here and we shall try to help you.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Dot World Maker - Christmas 2016 contest

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

This is awesome! Indie-Resource will also donate a $20 gift card to the contest. Consider me in! I will also get my daughter to participate.
a_bertrand

Re: Dot World Maker - Christmas 2016 contest

Post by a_bertrand »

Great! The more participates the more fun it can be. Also, make sure to check out the latest pixel painter version, as it's really not far from having all what would be needed and therefore can easily help you adding the missing images.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”