Adding new Forum Ranks

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
Chromeozone

Adding new Forum Ranks

Post by Chromeozone »

Ok,

So we are a Indie Website which offer help to everyone...

But most of the time i dont understand what "aspect" some people come under
So my suggestion is

To make new forum Ranks such as
Website Owner / Developer
Game Owner / Developer
Coding / Scripting
Graphics / Design
This would also be useful to contact people easier..

They wouldnt even need Moderation powers, just a group so we can recgonize people, and also have the permissions set to Open, meaning there doesnt need to be a group leader to accept..

Thanks
Nexus

Re: Adding new Forum Ranks

Post by Nexus »

I like this idea!
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Though it may be a good idea, but moderators are useful in removing bots, helping calm down situations that burst out of control, etc...Moderators are still necessary in a forum environment

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

SpiritWebb wrote:Though it may be a good idea, but moderators are useful in removing bots, helping calm down situations that burst out of control, etc...Moderators are still necessary in a forum environment
I think he means this would be in addition to moderators, unless I am mistaken (I took it that he means these new types of users would not need to be moderators). If you are right, then I totally agree. I am removing bots all the time. Of course I may be a bit biased on whether or not we need mods :?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

Jackolantern wrote:
SpiritWebb wrote:Though it may be a good idea, but moderators are useful in removing bots, helping calm down situations that burst out of control, etc...Moderators are still necessary in a forum environment
I think he means this would be in addition to moderators, unless I am mistaken (I took it that he means these new types of users would not need to be moderators). If you are right, then I totally agree. I am removing bots all the time. Of course I may be a bit biased on whether or not we need mods :?
Correct ;)
dbest

Post by dbest »

Totally agree and I think its a good idea.

This can just be a title that users could add in their profile. I believe something similar to the Location field of the profile that is visible in all forums posts could sort this out.
Xaleph

Post by Xaleph »

I`ll second this one as well. It`s a good idea to start showing people what our capabilities are. Now that you mention it, why not rate comments and posts? If an awnser is good, rate it that way it`s easier to spot. And like Chromeozone said: rank people by skill. Or color code it. Makes life easier.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Well, I don't really know about rating posts. I have been on a forum before that did that, and sometimes it could get a little dicey with rate-downs. Even if you only have rate-ups, not rating something up can almost be like a rate-down in some cases. I do like the OP idea, though :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

sorry been a way. Needed some time.

nice idea, most people here though usually do both graphics and scripting or at least 2 or three things. Any suggestions on how to combine them or would we make ranks to fit them all?

I will gladly implement this but lets talk further on it.
Chris

Post by Chris »

You could work it like a medal/achievement system. Give people badges for the fields they are good in. The better they are the better the badge. I'm pretty sure I've seen something like this implemented on forums before.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”