PHP login system v2.0

Need help with an engine or coding not on the list? Need help with a game or the website and forums here? Direct all questions here.
Ravinos

PHP login system v2.0

Post by Ravinos »

I am horrible at php design lol. Never used it really before coming to this site... I never had a reason. I was looking for advanced login systems and I found this posted here in video 5 http://www.evolt.org/node/60384.

My problem with it is at this point the pages load like a 2nd grader wrote them. Code is displaying on the page instead of doing what code is supposed to do...stay hidden.

The main page alone looks like this:

The subsequent pages load as straight strings of text. I entered in the database info as it should be and built the tables. The extent of my php knowledge can't make heads or tails why this is doing this. I want to reverse engineer and learn how the system works but...it doesn't work lol. Is it just old code or something? Halls codes in a completely different way than this.

I'm mainly interested in how the admin and mail functions work.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: PHP login system v2.0

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

change <? to <?php will help
Ravinos

Post by Ravinos »

I tried it. It just results in parse errors then lol.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

can you show the code?
Ravinos

Post by Ravinos »

I gave on trying to get this thing to work.....I made one from scratch lol. I have a panel for Admin, Authorized Quest creators, Mods, and regular user now. It actually wasn't that hard to get it to work. The privileges are universal. Normal players can't even log into the admin stuff. Those accounts are completely separate from the normal user pool. All mod privs and above have to be hand entered by me.

Return to “Advanced Help and Support”