Looking for Coders, PHP, Mysql for game.

Need help with an engine or coding not on the list? Need help with a game or the website and forums here? Direct all questions here.
Littlewiser

Looking for Coders, PHP, Mysql for game.

Post by Littlewiser »

I have followed this website for some time. I use to use the TMMOKIT and know of halls from there. I use to play a 2.5 isometric game called Astonia 3. Pretty awesome little game. It's over 10 years old, but it is a great game. Lots of community needed to really enjoy the game. Two of the original servers are still up and running. You can find them at Astonia.com. In May the programmer released the source code and a few people different sets of people are working on setting up servers. It is coded in C and the server is Linux. I have the server set up and I can create accounts and characters from ssh on the server. Then I can use the client to log into the game. That part works. I need help with hooking the website (PHP/HTML) into the linux server (mysql database) for account and character creation. There are also some things that need to be changed. They have needed to be changed since 2005. Once that is done, I will need people to help staff the game as it is very community driven. I have many ideas and I am looking for others to expand upon them. There are mages, warriors, seyans and arch of each of those to be earned.

I was sitting home today thinking of where I could find some game enthusiasts and this site came to mind. I have made 4 test accounts. Go to http://killstuffwithfriends.com and download the client file. Unzip it and go into the moac folder and run moac.exe. You can log in with character name One, Two, Three or Four. Password in 123456. Run around, kill some stuff. If you are interested in working with me on this project, use the contact form on the website. I will get back to you. I have not finished setting up the forums yet. They are in the works.

Sorry for the long post. Hope to see some of you there.

Susan
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Coders, PHP, Mysql for game.

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

sounds like an awesome project.

If you do not get any help let me know I might be able to squeeze in some time to throw together something.

Return to “Advanced Help and Support”