Combat System Help

Need help with an engine or coding not on the list? Need help with a game or the website and forums here? Direct all questions here.
Com4dor

Combat System Help

Post by Com4dor »

I know there has to be a tutorial around here somewhere that i am not finding. I need help with coding a combat system or at least help understanding it fully so that i know enough to code one.

Languages: PHP, or JavaScript/Ajax/JQuery.

Thanks in advance.
Just follow your arrow wherever it points
Xaos

Re: Combat System Help

Post by Xaos »

Do you mean just a generic combat system? There is one in the Hall's Browser MMO tut series found here: http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yes, you would need to be more specific. A "combat system" could mean anything from real-time combat to a hybrid chess/RPG system. :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Com4dor

Post by Com4dor »

I really do mean pretty much anything for an RPG. I do know he has it posted somewhere. I just don't remember where. Ive searched everything.
Just follow your arrow wherever it points
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Com4dor wrote:I really do mean pretty much anything for an RPG. I do know he has it posted somewhere. I just don't remember where. Ive searched everything.
I can't remember the specific video, just look around on the lists.

On a side note, I really love combat systems and creating combat systems. If I could get a programming job doing nothing but creating combat rolls for games, I'd love it.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

The main YouTube MMORPG tutorial covers a turn-based battle system. Early on it will delete mobs as they are killed, but that is remedied in a later video, so just stick with it :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

I had a post that detailed how to do a more self contained version of the first five or so video's of Hall's series, as a sort of combat system. Not sure if that's of use.

Return to “Advanced Help and Support”