New Game

Need help with an engine or coding not on the list? Need help with a game or the website and forums here? Direct all questions here.
Epiales

New Game

Post by Epiales »

Anyone think they could get me started in the right direction on using some engine to create a map where I can lay down images? I would like to be able to place like a "main building" then a fighting arena that will be there upon loading the game. Then have the ability to build other buildings and have the players place them down where they would like them.

If I could get started somewhere, with even video tuts, that would be great. I just haven't found a lot of step by step vidoes or anything to help me with it and I"m really anxious to get started on my new game. I've put it off for too long now, and now that I have some 3D background behind me, I can start making my own graphics and buildings and such, so I'm ready to rock and roll. Thanks if you can guide me.
Nothing fancy, but a work in progress!

http://gameplaytoday.net
Chris

Re: New Game

Post by Chris »

What platform?
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

Chris wrote:What platform?
Well, I'm wanting a game like castlot, and I've asked this questions before as well, so sorry admins LOL... I am just looking for an example or something to go by. A bit of code that does similar to what I am wanting. Only reason is because i'm a genius learner. I can learn things in a few days that might take someone else a few months to understand. So if I can get some code that has some type of canvas and the ability to insert buildings on it, as well as users placing buildings on it, I can learn the code, set it up how I want, and move on from there. I just haven't found many tutorials on what I'm looking for. I was told that Isogenic would be great for what I'm wanting to do, but having a hard time finding anything that can help me with that as well. Why I'm asking for some type of example to follow.

Epiales

Post by Epiales »

Okay, I have worked with halls nodes and came up with the chat

1. How can I make the chat where it's at the bottom of the window. It's going to be different for each window based on resolution, so I'm not sure how to do that...
2. How do I start making the canvas to be able to place images down...
3. How would I implement this on an online server? Like I am being hosted here, but have no idea how to put the server and stuff online...

Am I on the right start?

Thanks!

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i believe I used bootstrap for this so all you got to do is move the rows. The server can run on any server capable of running nodejs. You can use Nodejs as a webserver but I am not a fan of that so can't help you there. The alternative is install use a regular webserver and run nodejs separately.
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

Okay, well I guess I'll stick to php and mysql. I'm familiar with that, and there isn't enough documentation about node or isogenic out yet for me to get the hang of it. Thanks though!

In php I can make it hide or display a building based on if they purchase it or not, so I'll have to just make it work.

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I can understand that. Node is a major departure from platforms like PHP. In the end you will be most productive with what works best for you.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Advanced Help and Support”