Another Combat System Help Topic

Need help with an engine or coding not on the list? Need help with a game or the website and forums here? Direct all questions here.
Klown

Another Combat System Help Topic

Post by Klown »

Hi Guys,

I need help with implementation of a combat system I'm trying to design for my new RTS browser game. I'm using PHP/Mysql. This game is MMO, so two players can build 10 different types of units, each unit has atk, def, hp, etc.

I would like for each unit type to target units its strongest against.

For example, UnitA is strong against: UnitE, UnitF, UnitG, UnitH in that order. The same would be true of each of the 10 unit types.

Combat will be setup as follows:

Player1 selects a certain amount of each type of unit he wishes to attack with. Sends his attack to Player2, when the travel time has elapsed, a function will resolve the battle instantly based on each players group of units. The combat system will use multiple rounds so that each unit type on both players sides has an opportunity to attack the other.

I'm unsure of how setup the class tables for each unity type and how to loop this so that each unit type on both players sides attack the other, and how to attack the unit its strongest against first, and if the unit its strongest against doesn't exist in the group, select the next strongest unit, and so on... until the battle is fully resolved.

Thanks in advance for any advise you guys can come up with to get my wheels spinning.

-Dustin
if( $myGames != "Crap" ) {
  • please_donate( $money );
} else {
  • just_enjoy();
}
Klown

Re: Another Combat System Help Topic

Post by Klown »

Oroton,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my post. The information you've provided has definitely given me a clear direction to go with my combat system. I appreciate your input!

Dustin
if( $myGames != "Crap" ) {
  • please_donate( $money );
} else {
  • just_enjoy();
}

Return to “Advanced Help and Support”