Real Time Threaded Mesh Generation

Need help with an engine or coding not on the list? Need help with a game or the website and forums here? Direct all questions here.
Luke111

Real Time Threaded Mesh Generation

Post by Luke111 »

Hi everyone!
I am currently encountering a problem with Lukeminer. I must let you all know that the old code works, but I really want to change engines to Xors3D, which is what I used before minib3d. Here's the problem: You can't generate meshes dynamically in another thread. It has to be done in the main thread.

Minib3d solved this problem, but I have a feeling one of my access violations is coming from that.

So, here's the ideas that I had:
1. Generate the vertex data in another thread, then send that back to the main for building.
2. See if I can pull if off with plain OpenGL (which I am learning) (kindof) the same way I did it with minib3d.

Any other ideas before I go learn more OpenGL? :)
I don't believe in platform-specific development, but I also don't believe in Apple.
Luke111

Re: Real Time Threaded Mesh Generation

Post by Luke111 »

Hi everyone! I am going to scrap Lukeminer, as I feel it is not going to really go anywhere, and I feel as if I have finished it enough to make me happy.

But, I am going to start up a new project; It is going to be a modern game, a war game, with some strategy elements in it. Watch out for a GDD!
I don't believe in platform-specific development, but I also don't believe in Apple.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Sounds very cool! Sorry no one here could really help with the issue you had, but I don't think many here have had experience with those engines.

Can't wait to see the new game, however :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

Well, It has hurt my head for so many hours. I learned a ton from it. It was a good project. May it RIP, and it may see the light of day sometime in the future.

Return to “Advanced Help and Support”