Almightoronia game blog

Talk about game designs and what goes behind designing games.
mailmeharry2008

Almightoronia game blog

Post by mailmeharry2008 »

Well i had a dream to make my own game. But due to lack of funds and programming knowledge i have to postpone that dream. But i haven't fully given up, i am writing the story for my game as a player of that future game.

I hope that some programmers gets interested in this and help me make my dream game.
Link to the blog is - https://almightoronia.wordpress.com

Please post your useful comments to improve my story posting as well. Also keep checking it, i will try to update it daily, just like a webnovel.

Note - I am unsure if the section is right to post this thing, so mods are requested to move this post to appropriate place in forums if this is not appropriate case.
Jackolantern

Re: Almightoronia game blog

Post by Jackolantern »

Very interesting idea. I just started reading it, but real quick I wanted to say change your email address!! If you put your real, personal email address on a WordPress website you will get picked up by a ton of spiders and scrapers to send spam to. I would either code it (like mailmeharry2008 et rediffmail doht cahm) or change it to a fake email address.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Also, I wanted to say that since your aim is to create a text-based game, you don't have to leave it up to the whims of the programmers out there to make your game. A text-based game can absolutely be made by one person, and node.js makes it even easier to make pretty much any text-based online game you want using only one language: Javascript.

If you want to take a stab at learning how to make your game yourself, hang around here and we can point you in the right direction.
mailmeharry2008

Thanks for the positive comment jack. And yes i am waiting for the valhallas engine too, hoping that it will allow to make me my game in it.
For text version, i will appreciate any help received from your end as well.
Please guide me for making my own game :)
I also created a thread here for that - http://www.indie-resource.com/forums/vi ... =71&t=9395

I will remove my email as per your suggestion as well. I would appreciate your comments on blog itself too. It doesn't require registration for commenting there. I will post update here whenever i write something new there.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

One piece of feedback I will give here is that you should not make a separate premium, paid area of your game and a free area with players who don't interact. It splits your community and most smaller, text-based games need as many people interacting as possible. Instead you should probably make the game free, but with optional subscriptions or item purchases. At least that is how it is here. I am not sure if your game may be produced for another region that speaks a different language and it could be different there. But I would expect "free-to-play" browser games are pretty much the way to go in most regions.
mailmeharry2008

Thanks for feedback, I am not separating community, they are on same server, and as global chat is there paid ones can interact with players on free universe as well.. Its same already however competition and ranks will stay different.... for both universes. However there will be one global rankings too :) And freebies guys won't have access to some exclusive quests, exclusive items etc.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Sounds awesome. Definitely don't wait to make the game. Start learning about PHP and javascript now. Those are the two easiest and most used for this sort of game. My tutorials will help as even my simple engine will require coding, it is basically a framework to sit your game on.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Does NeaB require programming? I know a lot of the screenshots looked more like WYSIWYG editors.
mailmeharry2008

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Sounds awesome. Definitely don't wait to make the game. Start learning about PHP and javascript now. Those are the two easiest and most used for this sort of game. My tutorials will help as even my simple engine will require coding, it is basically a framework to sit your game on.
Thanks for another positive feedback. Although i doubt that i will be able to code, as its not the first time i am trying to do that, but still if you insist and if you can provide written version of your tutorials then i will try. Do you have written tutorials?

I am Unable to understand video tutorials. Reason, lack of my listening communication skills in foreign accent, and poor english auto subtitles of youtube.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

NEaB offers some of the features you would find in DWM but many things are in the code itself. So you would have to code / modify the engine a lot more than with DWM.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer

Return to “Game Design”