GTA5

Talk about game designs and what goes behind designing games.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

GTA5

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Wanted to talk about the game design of this game. It has some truly unique and amazing features. Especially the online.

http://m.brobible.com/entertainment/art ... ures-gta-v

It is an absolute blast to jump on with some friends and just reek some havoc! It is one of the best online experiences I have had in a long long time.
Chris

Re: GTA5

Post by Chris »

Brilliant game.. Waiting on the PC version.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

I'm already lvl 76 on the Online and i like it very much. The amount of missions is good but they are very look-alike, like go there, kill them and come back, or go there, kill them catch the drugs and come back to my house.. When they introduce heists to it, it will be the most awesome online game in the market i bet.
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yeah they did a good job of releasing it with more features coming soon.

I am level 9 I think :P Need to buy me a garage.

I love the way your car gets impounded and you got to steal it back, you have to buy insurance on your vehicle then claim it if it is destroyed. If you blow up someone else's vehicle you got to pay insurance premium for them.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Yeah the real world thingys are really cool, i advice you to buy a garage instead of a crappy house, since you will eventually move to a better one and you dont spend that much.

I have the best house, and some pretty awesome cars, i kinda did the glitch of the selling your car and keep it at the same time :roll: (DONT BLAME ME, YOU KNOW HOW HARD I WORKED TO GET MY FIRST HOUSE (130k) and CAR ( 185k ) !!? I did so many missions and then in the end just found out the glitch and said: fuck it..)

But it's not working anymore so im waiting for heists :)

You playing on XBOX or PS3? (Im on PS3)

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

xbox
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

hallsofvallhalla wrote: I love the way your car gets impounded and you got to steal it back, you have to buy insurance on your vehicle then claim it if it is destroyed. If you blow up someone else's vehicle you got to pay insurance premium for them.
That suddenly became very un-GTA?

"Hae man, I kill any fool that crosses my path! Oh crap, it's the insurance guys!"
"Sir, I need you to sign here."
"Please don't hurt me..."
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Callan S. wrote:
hallsofvallhalla wrote: I love the way your car gets impounded and you got to steal it back, you have to buy insurance on your vehicle then claim it if it is destroyed. If you blow up someone else's vehicle you got to pay insurance premium for them.
That suddenly became very un-GTA?

"Hae man, I kill any fool that crosses my path! Oh crap, it's the insurance guys!"
"Sir, I need you to sign here."
"Please don't hurt me..."
You don't know the best one, you can kill every player you want, but if you blow up their cars when they kill you, you become a "bad sport" and you can't play with the "good sports" for 48h -.-

I never kill any player in there.. I'm just chilling with my car going wherever i want, and bams a guy starts shooting at me, what am i going to do? C4 his car ofc.

Also they say if you have more than 5k you are probably gonna be robbed.. the thing is nobody robs you and when you die you don't drop more than 100$... So that's another fail.

A cool thing they did is the stock market, but it only works in the single player ofc, and i think it is scripted...

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yeah there are some goofy things for sure but to be honest, in real life I am more scared of the insurance companies than anything else. They obviously control the US at least Look at Obama Care. :P
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Does that put a damper on the old "don't save your game and just run a rampage for a half hour" kind of thing. Because I love that about GTA.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Game Design”