7+ hour HTML5 game development YouTube series

Post all your tuts or request for tuts here.
Jackolantern

7+ hour HTML5 game development YouTube series

Post by Jackolantern »

I came across this tutorial series today on Google. It is 32 videos long, with a total running time of over 7 hours :shock: I have not started watching into them yet, but for an exhaustive, all-included video tutorial series, you would be hard-pressed to find something with more content than this one. It can also be more beneficial to have one long tutorial from one source than many smaller ones you patch together to get the bigger picture since it prevents you from continuously rehashing the same material, or missing important things. :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
dbest

Re: 7+ hour HTML5 game development YouTube series

Post by dbest »

Will check this out later during the week. Thanks for the link.
srachit

Post by srachit »

Looks pretty cool, nice find :)
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Awesome find!
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

Yup, I have it bookmarked but I haven't started it yet :D

As an FYI, there is an HTML5 Game Development course on Udacity taught by the former Udacity course architect Sean Bennett (now at CrowdTilt) and a couple guys from Google (Colt McAnlis & Peter Lubbers). I'm not sure if the entire course is available free though.
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I signed up for a free Udacity HTML5 course a year or so ago, but I wasn't able to keep up with it live. The problem I had was after the course ended, you couldn't complete it any more, because a lot of the links to testing and examples, etc. didn't work. But it was free, so I didn't worry about it :)

I had seen that YouTube series and if I remember right, I worked through the first few videos. Not sure why I didn't go all the way through, as it seemed pretty decent at the time.
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

I signed up for a few Udacity courses a few years ago and never did them... I still have access to everything. Here from the FAQ:

I've been accessing free courseware on Udacity for months (or years!). Do I still have free access now that the course has a paid enrollment option?

You can continue to access all the same free course material just as you had previously. You now also have the option to enroll in the course and continue from where you left off with all the added benefits. We encourage you to enroll in the course and try it risk free for 14 days. We think you're going to love the experience!

How long is a Udacity course available?

Udacity classes usually remain available once they have launched. Once online, our courses are maintained to keep the content up to date and optimized for your learning.

Are there deadlines within each course?

There are no deadlines for Udacity courses. You may complete them at your own pace. However, we do provide guidance as to how long you can expect the course to take if you dedicate ~5 hours per week to the course. With a full course enrollment, your personal Udacity Coach can also help you personalize a schedule and set deadlines to achieve your learning goals.

As for the confusion I had earlier about free vs pay, this answers that:
What's the difference between enrolling in a course vs. viewing free courseware?

The difference between enrolling in a course versus viewing free courseware is like the difference between attending a great class versus simply reading a textbook.

The free courseware contains information, lectures, and auto-graded exercises. By enrolling in the class, you'll get project-planning advice and feedback on what you build to improve your portfolio. You'll also have a personal Coach throughout the course who will review your code, provide guidance on your project, answer questions about the class, and help keep you on track when you need it. After your final project review, you'll also go through an exit interview that Udacity will use to issue a verified certificate of accomplishment that is recognized by leading tech employers.
It sounds to me like your particular course was modified or swapped out, but the norm is for courses and their content to stay in place.
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

Intro to HTML5 and JavaScript tutorial, build a simple Pacman style game:
[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fM7F1O1W20[/YouTube]

Behind the scenes with the dev team of the game Cut The Rope and how they built it:
http://origin.cuttherope.ie/dev/
LNitewing

Post by LNitewing »

It appears that the playlist no longer exists. In fact the channel (got the channel name through their github) seems to be blank except for the number of subscribers.
Sanity is vastly overrated!
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).

Return to “Tutorials”