Loving Lua!

C++, C#, Java, PHP, ect...
Kesstryl

Loving Lua!

Post by Kesstryl »

I picked up a copy of Gameguru on Steam last month, and very quickly learned my way around the Lua scripting language which is used to program your assets (the engine itself is C++), and I have to say I LOVE Lua! Seriously...I LOVE it!

I saw some frameworks and libraries where people have tried to use it as a web language (with much hacking) and I wish I was as good with messing with a server as I am with picking up Lua or PHP. Anyway, unless web languages expand, I'll be mainly using Lua for making downloadable executables.

Has anyone else had fun with this language?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Loving Lua!

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I use it in Roblox. Can't say I am a huge fan but it can be fun to use for sure.
Jackolantern

Re: Loving Lua!

Post by Jackolantern »

I tried it once upon a time since it was the language used for World of Warcraft UI mods (at least at the time it was; no idea if it may have been expanded). I have to say it really wasn't my style. I could see how it could be fun to work with for some people, but I think I am just set in my C-like ways. That is probably evidenced by the fact that I don't even really care for Python, which many people love more than life itself. :P
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Coding”