Entity Framework

C++, C#, Java, PHP, ect...
Xaos

Entity Framework

Post by Xaos »

Hey guys, I'm learning ASP.Net MVC and the Entity Framework, does anyone have experience? I know it's not a database per se, but is closely related to the database. If I were making a website, could I just use a database with Entity framework and not something like SQL and it connect online and etc. or is it more closely related to storing in files? Sorry if that's a confusing question, if you have any questions about my question, just ask and I'll clarify :lol:
a_bertrand

Re: Entity Framework

Post by a_bertrand »

Use LINQ to SQL which is the best way to link to your DB currently. And yes it's included within .NET for SQL server (which anyhow should be your DB of choice if you run on windows).
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I use Linq to SQL daily and love it!
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

I domt actually have anything yet, just planning. Ive heard EF code first is a much easier way to make and handle DBs, and Linq -> SQL is becoming dated. Truth or fluff? I dont have much experience with either so id have to learn, but both seem simple enough
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

LINQ to SQL is certainly not getting old. Sorry but that's completely wrong.
Personally however I use https://www.devart.com/linqconnect/ for bigger projects as it offers a few goodies over the standard LINQ to SQL. Do you need that to develop with SQL Server? No, but it helps.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer

Return to “Coding”