Main Empire Special

General chat and troubleshooting
Nikolaj

Main Empire Special

Post by Nikolaj »

Hurray, So I succeed in making some code that can now be called a small web turn based strategy game, I hope you will spend some time looking at it and maybe tell me if there are any errors, You may also want to tell us about typos. (but not the interface, here is hardly anything done yet)
Briefly about the game called Main Empire Special and is Hello World version, especially because I have made all the code myself and that there is really much still to be done, however, I have been using YouTube tutorials videos.
Link: https://special.mainempire.com/english/index.php
Patch Notes: https://special.mainempire.com/english/ ... e.news.php

The game acting just now out on to be best player, or at least beat npcs, who first really has an army at 1300 hours Danish time 13th… There is a story about that, which unfortunately is not clear enough to a part of the game, yet.

Nox, resets almost everything .. every 1st. day of each month.
This happens because two things, firstly, I think everyone should have a chance to win, and secondly.. history, which unfortunately is not part of the rest of the game yet.

But Nox does not reset everything, skills will not be reset, and that's because it takes a long time before it's possible to use skills, also because I mean people who play a lot must have something for it, without getting too much advantage over new players, but still seeing that they are a bit better.
In addition, skills are something you learn, not something you get.

I suppose I should tell you a little about what you can expect if you make a user profile, so...

Under the category Profile lies:

Your profile:
Here you can see.
- Your username.
- Your ranks:
-- War rank.
-- Population rank.
- Your skills.
And you can change your password, this part will be moved to Settings when the page is ready.

Under the category Overview lies:

City overview:
Here you can see your residents and what resources you have at your disposal.
And how big your city attack and defense are.

Rank overview:
Can you see your and everyone else's War rank and Population rank

Under the category City lies:

Villagers:
Here you can see and treat your residents.
But only the civilians.
And here you can make resources

Barracks:
Here you can see and treat your warrior.

Production:
Here you can make resources and weapons and armor.

Under the category Trade lies:

Marketplace:
Here you can trade with resources.

Under the category Military lies:

Battle others:
Here you can raid other players for money and resources, but only five raids times a day, and only once raid per resource. (if you're strong enough)
Here you can see who's npc and who's playing

Battle history:
Here you can see who has attacked you and who you attacked and what got out of it.
And what time the attack occurred

Barracks:
Here you can see and treat your warrior.

Weapons:
Here you can buy and sell weapons and armor.

Let me hear what you think

Regards
Nikolaj Rimon Eskerod
Last edited by Nikolaj on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm dyslexic, so if you do not understand what I'm writing, ask, so I'll try to write it in another way.
a_bertrand

Re: Main Empire Special

Post by a_bertrand »

1) Register: "Your password must be at least 7 characters!" => all fields reset!!! What a pain (same with any other check fails)
2) Register: Email check? what for? I can use a temp email and I get inside as well...
3) Work on your CSS (you can't even tell what is a link and what's not)
4) Some introduction how to play would be good & some help files as well
5) Some art for your village would be great
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Nikolaj

Post by Nikolaj »

Hi a_ bertrand
First of all, thank you for giving you time to try the game and then to your remark:
1. It's not something I've been thinking could be a problem, I'll try to find a solution.
2. Okay, how did you do that, I can not on my test computer.. :? (Feel free to reply in a pm ;) )
3. It's a user interface, I have not started yet, there's a better one in the alpha edition .. this is still only the Hello World version ... So it's coming.
4. It will be before this test is over*, it is on point 4 on the index page (could probably be described better )
5. My idea is that it is up to the player's imagination. Having said that, I hope to be able to make it possible for you to lay pictures, at some point.

* I will write again when the test is over... (And of course, answers to the things that come)
I'm dyslexic, so if you do not understand what I'm writing, ask, so I'll try to write it in another way.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

2) https://temp-mail.org/en/ => problem solved (it creates an email just for a short time, you give that email address and here you are... there is tons of websites like that)
5) Could be that you want it for the player imagination, but... I would say most people will not like it. They want to see some progression.
Nikolaj

Post by Nikolaj »

2.) It is possible that I do not quite understand what you remember, so to be absolutely sure ... Could you just enter the game?
and you still can? without activate your membership ???
Connor

Post by Connor »

Just signed up and had a look around

Points to make :
The UI isn't very nice at all (I know you have addressed that, thought I would say anyway)
As i'm from the United Kingdom it is "Defence", not "Defense" ;)

Suggestions :
The 'next turn' would be nicer if it was in done in javascript, so it could be viewed in realtime.
The logout button should be bolder, as it looks like another subcategory to the skills that the player has.
Keep the character skills/username etc on the same line instead of making a break (personal preference). It makes it look less cramped.
Add a "mainpage" link.
The activation email took ages to come through. Maybe let players play without activation but limit their activities until it is activated.
Add a tutorial page, as it is quite unclear to what a player is suppose to do as of now.

All in all it looks nice so far, could see it being quite a fun game when finished. It's hard to come across a good turn based mmorpg nowadays, and this could be on the top list once finished. Goodluck & looking forward to seeing you progress :)
Nikolaj

Post by Nikolaj »

Connor wrote:Just signed up and had a look around

Points to make :
The UI isn't very nice at all (I know you have addressed that, thought I would say anyway)
As i'm from the United Kingdom it is "Defence", not "Defense" ;)
I'll fix that, though first in the weekend.
Edit: done, and again, thanks for telling me that.
Connor wrote: Suggestions :
The 'next turn' would be nicer if it was in done in javascript, so it could be viewed in realtime.
This is a pretty big problem for me, I have spent a week of time finding a solution, but my problem is that it's not possible to find a JavaScript code that does not start again when the page reloads ...
I use this code for my timer:
<?php
$currenttime = time();
$minutes = date('i', (15 * 60) - ($currenttime % (15 * 60)));
$seconds = date('s', (15 * 60) - ($currenttime % (15 * 60)));
$usercount = date('i:s', (15 * 60) - ($currenttime % (15 * 60)));
?>
Next Turn in about:<br>
<?php echo "$usercount"; ?> minutes.

Only if there are some who can help
Connor wrote: The logout button should be bolder, as it looks like another subcategory to the skills that the player has.
Good point the is corrected. :)
Connor wrote: Keep the character skills/username etc on the same line instead of making a break (personal preference). It makes it look less cramped.
Add a "mainpage" link.
If you think of the menu on the right side, it is made because they speak so standing fast becomes quite big and so can not be on a line.
Connor wrote: The activation email took ages to come through. Maybe let players play without activation but limit their activities until it is activated.
hmm, that does not sound good.
Connor wrote: Add a tutorial page, as it is quite unclear to what a player is suppose to do as of now.
Totally agree, it will also come.
Connor wrote: All in all it looks nice so far, could see it being quite a fun game when finished. It's hard to come across a good turn based mmorpg nowadays, and this could be on the top list once finished. Goodluck & looking forward to seeing you progress :)
Thank you very much, It is such remarks it makes me want to do more.
Last edited by Nikolaj on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

You can enter the game by activating the membership but without providing a true email that's my point. You will collect infos which have no values, then why request an email and ask for confirmation? Personally I would never give my true email to online games and I guess I'm not alone here.
Nikolaj

Post by Nikolaj »

a_bertrand wrote:You can enter the game by activating the membership but without providing a true email that's my point. You will collect infos which have no values, then why request an email and ask for confirmation? Personally I would never give my true email to online games and I guess I'm not alone here.
Man, how I happy you tell me .. Here I thought my code did not work ..

If people give me their true mail or not, it does not matter to me. (However, you will sign "3. Terms of Use" by making a play profile.)
What I'm trying is to kill a robot that just makes user profile... If a user plays and responding to the messages that may come, it's all right for me, I even have a player email myself. (And yes, over time, there will be an "I'm not a robot" feature)
If people do not respond to the "are you human email" that may come, their profile will be deleted, this is also written in the ”Terms and Conditions” You confirm that you have read and agree , which you of course have also read* ;)
So if people can answer, everything is fine. (and it comes only if I think it's not a player, but between us, I have other things to spend my time with)
If not, a big part of the game will go lost…
Some of the missions that may come are several years to come before you can get or complete a mission, and if you can not reply to an email, you have to start all over again.

* 3.3 Universe of Games reserves the right, at its sole discretion, and at any time to:
- Refuse to open a user profile / account on any “media” distributed by Universe of Games and / or to block or close an existing user profile / account without specifying the reason for this,
- Refuse to accept payments and / or repayments without giving reasons for that at all,
- Suspend a user profile / account holder at any time Universe of Games considers that there is a legitimate concern that a user profile has been used or may be used for illegal, fraudulent or unreasonable matter,
- Request documents that confirm identity of a holder of a user profile / account,
- Transfer and / or license, without prior notice, data relating to a holder of a user profile / account to another legal entity in any country, with precaution to Universe of Games guaranteeing that the data is transferred and managed in accordance with applicable laws within data protection legislation,
- Withdraw and / or confiscate funds and / or resources available on a suspended user profile and / or refuse to meet requirements if the present “conditions” of the use of “the media” has been violated directly or indirectly and / or unjustified or criminal acts have occurred or suspected that such actions have taken place in connection with / or operation of a user profile.

Return to “General”