Airline Sim Management Game (Hiring Developer)

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
JohnGato

Airline Sim Management Game (Hiring Developer)

Post by JohnGato »

Hello all

I have a new project in development but my programmer has been tied up with other projects and can't fully commit to taking on Mt project.

So I am looking to hire someone for a full time position to develop my game the way I want

A little about the game:

It will be an airline management sim game where you create your very own airline.

I will provide more information through email...... if you are interested in joining my team please email me here and I will get back with you as soon as possible.

I will tell you right now that I do have a hard time trusting people on here so you will really need to impress me with your abilities to get the job done.

I will be using the expression engine by Ellis labs for this project so you will need to be somewhat familiar with it

Once I choose someone we will then talk about budget and how much I will pay you.

Thank you and hope to hear from you
a_bertrand

Re: Airline Sim Management Game (Hiring Developer)

Post by a_bertrand »

Hi John,

I'm wondering why you want to use this expression engine, not that it is bad or anything just that usually I tend to choose a tech on 2 basis: either I know it very well and then don't want to switch or that if fit better for my project.

Anyhow good luck as a good sim game can be really fun to play ;)

Cheers
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Jackolantern

Re: Airline Sim Management Game (Hiring Developer)

Post by Jackolantern »

I would tend to echo what Alan has said here. I think at best you aren't going to be using 75% of Expression Engine's features since they are designed more for product info and article-based websites. At worst you will be wrangling a CMS engine to do something it wasn't designed to do.

EE is built on top of Code Igniter. I would think maybe CI would offer a bit more of a flexible base, and could possibly cut out a lot of the CMS chaff that EE would bring that could possibly cloud your development.

Not to mention the fact that CI coders are much easier to find than EE coders.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Recruitment”