Anyone working on a PBBG?

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Anyone working on a PBBG?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I am in the middle of few things that are waiting and I am missing working on PBBG. Text based or semi graphical preferred. Want to join a full time project not really a side project or one that is over 60% complete. It can be online but still missing lots of features.
Klown

Re: Anyone working on a PBBG?

Post by Klown »

I'm working on a business simulation game. It's been in development for about 3 months I have only 25% completed. It's located at tycoonville.net - i put it online for a few friends to play test the features I have and help me determine if the concept is fun. I have a lot of additional features/ideas and am very open to taking the game in any direction that would be fun to play. I have been thinking about completely rewriting the code for the game to make it more extensible using mvc style code- as it sits, its very basic.

PM me or email me at dustinpbowers@gmail.com if you have any interest in helping.

Thanks for your great forums.

Dustin
if( $myGames != "Crap" ) {
  • please_donate( $money );
} else {
  • just_enjoy();
}
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

Halls, you could spit out a few more videos on the HTML5/Node MMO tut series :P
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I actually was thinking of that too. I got real busy and didn't get a chance to really join anyone but my Udemy class for some reason is still doing well so there is still interest in my videos. The ones on youtube have gotten so old and outdated. It is about time to redo them. I do not think I could redo the originals as I do not touch PHP.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Sadly, I think I have forgotten a lot of my PHP since it has been so long since I used it.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

That would rock Halls. So is PHP on the decline then?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Verahta wrote:That would rock Halls. So is PHP on the decline then?
Just in the IR mod team, it would appear. We still have plenty of members using it here, and PHP is still the most popular web programming platform in the world.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yep it is still highly used but I just have no use for it much anymore. I do not use it at all for work and I like to hobby code in the same languages I use at work to keep my brain getting fried. :P

When working with NWE however I do use some PHP.
Sim

Post by Sim »

halls, I am working on http://www.orpgcreator.com (not a PBBG) but a PBBG Creator/Builder. I would love to have an addional programming on board.
http://www.urpg.net (game/game) is an admin login and lots people had this login and this update is about to get transferred to all games just tweaking final updates so it will this weekend. The battle system may be out of sync due to people not knowing what there doing with setting the stat system up correctly since lots of people had access to this admin account for testing purposes.
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

"FRESS AND PROFESSIONAL"... derp. :D

OKay so is FRESS some acronym I'm unaware of, or just a hilarious typo?
FRESS
verb (used without object), Slang.
to eat or snack, especially often or in large quantities.

fress (fres) verb intr. To eat without moderation; to pig out. [From Yiddish fresn (to devour) or German fressen (to eat, when referring to eating by an animal).].

Return to “Recruitment”