Anyone want to collaborate on a simple browser game?

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
Klown

Anyone want to collaborate on a simple browser game?

Post by Klown »

Hey guys,

I'm just putting a feeler out there to see if anyone would want to join me in working together to build a browser game.

I currently work on my own text/browser game in my spare time. But it doesn't require as much work as it use to - and after learning quite a bit about working on a project of that scale alone, I figured I would see if anyone else wanted to work together to create something fun for both of us.

I would be interested in creating another 2d text/browser game of any theme type with another programmer and/or artist.

My skill set includes; php, mysqli, javascript, I have some photoshop skills- however, art is not a strength. I have a virtual dedicated server which can host a domain name, I would be willing to use an existing domain or purchase a new one at my cost. I would also be willing split revenues with anyone equally after all expenses if we created a virtual currency or premium membership type game.

I am very easy going and would love to work with someone as exciting about learning new things, creating a fun game and if we make some money doing it - even better.

Post your ideas and/or questions.

Feel free to PM me also if you would like to talk about this further.

Thanks and good luck!

-Dustin
if( $myGames != "Crap" ) {
  • please_donate( $money );
} else {
  • just_enjoy();
}
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Anyone want to collaborate on a simple browser game?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

are you wanting to do real time or more turn based and are you wanting to stick with PHP or go Javascript route? Any thoughts on Nodejs if real time?

I have been looking pretty hard for a project that has potential for subscribers and making some cash on. Something professional but I am just not finding many people wanting to dedicate the time or start something.
srachit

Post by srachit »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:are you wanting to do real time or more turn based and are you wanting to stick with PHP or go Javascript route? Any thoughts on Nodejs if real time?

I have been looking pretty hard for a project that has potential for subscribers and making some cash on. Something professional but I am just not finding many people wanting to dedicate the time or start something.
The halls can you send me a PM with details about this project? I am currently super busy with uni, but summer vacations start in 3weeks and I'd love to have a project to work on then :)
Lord Rahl

Post by Lord Rahl »

I am either looking for a partner or someone to out-source some work to myself. Would be interested in any partnerships that could be on offer.

We would of course need to talk a little and possibly see some past work from each other.
Klown

Post by Klown »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:are you wanting to do real time or more turn based and are you wanting to stick with PHP or go Javascript route? Any thoughts on Nodejs if real time?

Thanks for your reply Halls.

I'm mostly a hobbyist who enjoys spending my free time working learn new aspects to programming and making games along the way.

I am pretty open minded about what exactly the game style could be. I have experience in 2d/text games which are real time. I have pretty good knowledge of what php/mysqli can do, and have used it in all of my past projects - that being said - I would be open to anything that seems engaging to me and whoever else would like to get involved.

I have never used node.js but have been considering using it to improve a live chat in one of my current games. I'm still pretty novice with javascript but I seem to learn fast enough.
} else {
  • just_enjoy();
}
Klown

Post by Klown »

Lord Rahl wrote:I am either looking for a partner or someone to out-source some work to myself. Would be interested in any partnerships that could be on offer.

We would of course need to talk a little and possibly see some past work from each other.
I'm looking for someone who would like to co-create a custom game with me as a fun side project and possibly a learning experience. I'm not really interested in taking on work as a job.

If you would like to talk more and/or share some past projects and ideas. Please feel free to PM me!

-Thanks

Dustin
} else {
  • just_enjoy();
}
markh

Post by markh »

Hey Dustin,

I'm looking to create something for creative expression and experience in game-design. If you are interested in making something, let me know. I feel I am an experienced coder and I'm always learning.
Klown

Post by Klown »

markh wrote:Hey Dustin,

I'm looking to create something for creative expression and experience in game-design. If you are interested in making something, let me know. I feel I am an experienced coder and I'm always learning.
PM'd
} else {
  • just_enjoy();
}
dawi03

Post by dawi03 »

I am wanting to create a Horse Racing Sim that will have the potential to make a bit of coin with adsense. Theres a similar game with only 300 users that nets about $500 a month from adsense which is nuts, and is really badly run. I can easily attract those players to my new game if I had the expertise behind me to develop it, plus more.

Return to “Recruitment”