Times of War project - Looking for you!

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
Lejjo

Times of War project - Looking for you!

Post by Lejjo »

Hello everyone. I was looking around the internet and I came across this forums and I want to say it is a great place for people with same interest and goals to meet, good job!

Secondly I want to introduce myself:
I am a 25 year old guy living in Sweden who is interested in programming and more mainly game development. I have done various projects in languages like PHP, C#/C++, LUA, SQL, XML and some very basic java/JS. I have also tried on unity3d projects but I have been more interested in doing web games, as I see more people can play it. The biggest problem is that I have always worked alone on all my projects and that is not an easy task hehe.

Other than that I am working in construction (I know, kind of odd) but I have had my own company there for over 6 years so if there is any financial support this project needs I can always chip in, I mean it is my hobby!

About the project:
The game is a strategy game much like Age of Empires BUT, a little more advanced in its system. There is around 8 civilizations you can choose from and each civilization has its advantages and disadvantages. Some might be good fighters, some are good economical, some others maybe have better defense than offense, some are better at gathering resources while others rely on their trading, and so on. Key to this game is that to find allies so they can help each other with their unique advantages, for example a very good attacking civilization has a hard time to find gold/food/weapons for their army, then they might have an ally that can provide them with this and in return get something in return which they need.

This game will also have a very long time line. When you create your account you start in the iron age, then you will have to advance from it to medieval age -> renaissance -> industrial age -> modern/atomic time (these are just examples, can get changed). Now once again, some civilizations might have a slow start but better at the end or good at the beginning, very good somewhere in the middle and weak later on. While advancing through these ages/times you will also get new buildings, explore new resources, units etc. I will not only have the common resources such as wood, stone, food, gold which almost every game has, I will get more into to the depths with the resources such as bring in different kind of food, ore, mud, salt, oil, etc. (I have not though of every single detail yet). Each civilization will also have their own unique unit, some unique unit will be better at attacking, some at defending some maybe just to take over enemy land.

There is much more to tell about this game like conquer land, researches how the attacking/defending system works but I will not say more here since I will be going on for days.

Now to the part where you come in
I am looking for people who wants to help me with this project and think they can provide with anything. I am not a hard person to deal with, just because I have decided something on my own doesn't mean I can't change my mind about it if you guys who join me has a better idea. I am at the moment putting around 1-6 hours of work time on this project daily so there is always something happening but it will go much faster if I had some help. I have never studied anything on any language or so, I have only taught myself through the internet so I don't require someone who is educated, only that you know what you are doing.

The language I am working with:
  • PHP
  • HTML5
  • SQL
  • JS
Vision I have for this project:
Firstly I started this out because I love programming and game development but now I want to put some serious time in this and also go public with it, who knows, we might even get some money out from this. I have seen so many projects earning money from their games so why couldn't we pull it off? This might even be a good motivation!

If this sounds at all interesting for you, please don't hesitate to contact me either here on this page or even better on Skype where I am more active daily.
My Skype is: Lejjo_88
Last edited by Lejjo on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Times of War project - Looking for you!

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

great post and layout on the project and what you are looking for. Good luck on the recruiting.
Reliique

Post by Reliique »

Hey Lejjo, neighbor from Finland here :)

Check this thread - maybe we can collaborate our ideas into one project: http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewto ... =28&t=7337

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RepconnAerospace

Post by RepconnAerospace »

I've tried to get a team together for a kind of similar idea some time ago. I'll try to contact on Skype! ;)

If that doesn't work, you can of course e-mail me.(vollchaot96@gmail.com)
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

If I wasn't working on my own big project, I'd 100% help you out. Keep us updated! Maybe I can contribute some code and parts later on in the dev cycle :D

Return to “Recruitment”