New Project - The Painters Eye: Recruitment "Edited"

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
MaraXus

New Project - The Painters Eye: Recruitment "Edited"

Post by MaraXus »

Hello all! (Demo Link: http://thepainterseye.trinitysoftware.biz - WIP)

After thinking through several different game ideas, I settled on this one: A platformer for iOS called The Painters Eye. Let me give you a rundown on the basic idea.

Story: You are a painted character, (Probably human) and you are trying to make it to another painting in the studio you are in. (Reason to want to get there T.B.D) You travel through painting after painting, each of them with their different style and enemies. As you go, you will find 'Paint Blobs' that give you extra abilities. (With a cool Painted in look, of course!) Eventually you make it to your objective, and win the game.

Mechanics/Style: OK, so I am thinking of a very painted and/or drawn art style, with different paintings being slightly varied in the overall style, not to mention having different feels to them, such as one will be light and happy while another will be dark and moody. The enemies may be spilled paint or something, not sure yet.

Extras:As far as regular gameplay goes, it's about the same as your run-of-the-mill platformer. I am planning on using the paint scheme to add a twist in though. It will be something interesting, and I have several ideas, but feel free to shoot some out there, as any input it welcomed.

Me: Before I go into who I need to make this possible, let me tell you about what I plan to offer. I can do any website stuff that needs doing, and also use Construct 2 fairly well. I dabble in graphics, but I am really only good in logo design and UI/GUI stuff, though I am pretty good at making intros and stuff in AE.

OK, now on to what skills I am going to need.

Designers: I am planning on using Construct 2 for the design, as it allows you to make web apps, and then maybe later we can use appMobi or something and put it on the app store. So basically, I would love to have anyone interested in the project as a designer, as Construct 2 is free and very easy to pick up.

Artists: I am picky about my artists, I am afraid. ( :lol: just kidding, I just felt like sounding stupid for a sec. OK, I'm done.) Actually, my only need for artists is for them to be able to make a .PSD file for me, so that I can have everything backed up in case something happens. (I.E artist decides to quit work, etc.) Though I won't turn anyone away who wants to help, of course. Everyone is welcome, but .PSD export capability is a huge plus.

Anyone Else: If you have anything you would like to offer, (Skills that I did not list, Ideas, Comments, etc) I will welcome it! I want to make this the best game I can, and I know that a lot of you guys have alot of ideas and knowledge that can help The Painters Eye along. And when I say anything, I mean anything! Constructive criticism, comments, suggestions, ANYTHING.

So, there is my long and (hopefully) interesting description. Hopefully at least some of it was understandable, and if there is anything unclear, comment about it and I will attempt to clarify.

That's all for me. I hope you can help out, though if you can't, just leave a comment saying you stopped by! I would love to know your opinion on the whole idea!

Thanks for reading!

PS. I am currently looking for a way to upload my WIP prototype, and once I have that up I will link to it. Pm me for a copy of the design doc, I kind of want to keep it under my control who can read it. Thanks to Cayle for his recruitment tips, as I was unaware that people expected to see a prototype. It should be up sometime today, though it will definitely be pre-alpha.
_____/-\_____
____/----\____
___/-------\___
__/MaraXus\__
_/-------------\_
/----------------\
Software: FL Studio 10, FPS Creator, ConTEXT, Adobe Master Suite CS5.5, Construct 2, And many others...
Current Project: The Painters Eye, check it out at http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewto ... =17&t=4902.
dolcepanna

Re: New Project - The Painters Eye: Recruitment "Edited"

Post by dolcepanna »

Hi well i think you are up to something here and i would love to help but here it is i am very amature in artisctic software so the only thing i can do for you is to help you by drawing for you and to come up with ideas for backgrounds landscapes characters movements etc...etc... but how will you make them fit inside will your job or someone else i am sorry that i can't be in complete use but i think that even this is help enough so if you are interested please drop me a line at dolcepanna@abv.bg

Return to “Recruitment”