Harry Potter Team

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
62896dude

Harry Potter Team

Post by 62896dude »

Hello all,

In my game that I am creating (refer to Project Showoff Tier I for more info) there will be classes, and obviously, classes need teachers! So, who here would like to be a teacher/admin for my game when it is ready? :) please just post a comment for which of the following positions (as long as it isn't taken) that you would like to fill!

Headmaster - 62896dude
Charms - Losdivinos (Head of Gryffindor House)
Defense Against the Dark Arts - Nexus (Head of Ravenclaw House)
Herbology -
Potions - Ryanito
Transfiguration - Zak Zillion

*FYI - being a "teacher" doesn't mean you will have to do any work, it is just my way of incorporating all admins, so they aren't called admins :)
Last edited by 62896dude on Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Languages: C++, C#, Javascript + Angular, PHP
Programs: Webstorm 2017, Notepad++, Photoshop
Current Project: HP Destiny
Xaleph

Re: Harry Potter Team

Post by Xaleph »

Sounds confusing. Shouldn`t there be a clear distinction of what is part of the game and what is not?
Zorber

Post by Zorber »

Herbologyyyyyyyy!
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

You've got it Zorber! And Xaleph, I just re-read it and get what you are saying, and to be honest I am not quite sure what I was trying to say, hahaha, so pretty much, there are the 5 teachers who are admins, and they do most of the admin work, but really I do most of the teaching work, though I will give them full credit for it (they can help if they want to, but aren't required to, I am sure some of them will want to do their own lessons which I am totally fine with)
Zorber

Post by Zorber »

Yeah, I'm not much good, But if there is anything I can do to help just let me know ;)

If this is helpful at all, I've done some work with this program.
http://www.metaseq.net/english/
Can't say I was perfect, but I made a decent ratman.
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

You creating a ratman eh? I am actually very impressed, as I have virtually no artistic ability at all :P I will look into this, thanks for showing it to me! Also, (I really don't care if you say no, I'm sure you are working on other games) but how would you like to create graphics for my 7 total bosses? They don't have to blow me away by any means, just as long as I can have the graphic :) The seven bosses are:

Voldemort (Weakest Stage)
Aragog
Dementor
Voldemort(Normal Stage)
Professor Umbridge
Inferi
Voldemort (Strongest Stage)

They all go in order of the years and what corresponded with each one (Voldemort could have been almost every single one, but I thought battling him three times would be plenty)
So just let me know if you are up to it, or even just want to do certain ones, anything at all is fine with me!
Zorber

Post by Zorber »

I'm only 14, I haven't done much game developing :P A little flash.. I'll try and get some of those done, I'll let you know when I have some Rough ones..
Also, you should check out Blender.
http://www.blender.org/features-gallery/
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

Haha dont worry about it, I just turned fifteen, and Im definately a noob :) and yeah i actually already have blender, ive even played around with it a little but produced nothing satisfactory
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Since your game has definitely caught my eye, I would be interested in becoming Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher :D. I am an intermediate PHP and mySQL programmer and any help you need with coding I will be at your service to assist you that is if you'll have me on board :)
62896dude

Post by 62896dude »

I am glad it caught your eye! And welcome aboard as the teacher of my favorite subject! I will let you know if I need any pages built, but the main thing that I want you and Zorber to do for now since you both seem to have a pretty good understanding of HP is think of any feature at all (limited to PHP & MySQL though :) ) that you think would really bring the game to life

Return to “Recruitment”