Re: Getting Started

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Definitely some good info and thanks.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:44 am

Sorry for delay on this all. I was out of country and not much time to work on it. I am back now.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Postby Zorich » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Welcome back :)
Work on your own pace or you'll stress yourself out
Zorich

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:54 pm

Just as a quick update I am working on the graphics and once that is complete I will have a version live for builders to get started.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Achitecture

Postby Kerrik » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:30 pm

Hoping you are going to go with a more responsive client (Dojo?) and RESTful calls to the server.
I would recommend using JSON for retrieving all data from the server ... including data representing where/if to place fields/images/buttons on the screen.
After the initial screen load there should be no reason to load any formatted HTML from the server except for templates to load data into.
Just some thoughts on where I wanted to take it if I had had more time to work on it.
Kerrik

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:10 am

I would write the engine from scratch before attempting to gut it. In the end I am trying to update it as much as possible but do not want to go down a rabbit hole without being able to come back out. I am in limbo on the direction I want to take this.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Postby benton94 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:40 pm

I remember playing this game when OSRS was still a thing in my little town called Benton... I was pretty bummed to see it go but I know that a lot of people have done everything they could and still are! I don't have the best of computers but I have a good enough computer that I could possibly help out. When I was in middle school NEAB was literally the only online game that was never blocked there was never anything wrong with it and my computer teacher even played to occasionally at home as so he told me.. I want to know how I can be of
Help. I'm a great listener and a quick learner. I have coded before but I have memory issues from certain things and it's been months since I've been on my Laptop. Plus I've read that the owner now has tutorials on his YouTube channel that's perfect honestly & im very good with computers. I hope I can be of some help in any type of way. I'm 21 years old and I want to see NEAB As a few thousand based player game I really do. I don't like massive amounts of people because I feel like I can't keep up or I'm not good enough and when I see other players i feel like I won't be that person. NEAB was different & I felt and still feel welcomed. I look forward to logging back into NEAB one day I really do.
benton94

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:30 pm

awesome! I have been away from the project a bit while working on some commercial projects but will be back in the saddle very soon.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Postby Raiza » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:42 pm

Any news to report? Its been about a month without any updates, just thought i'd give a friendly poke. :p
Raiza

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:24 am

Yup here is the latest I posted in the Official Facebook group

Hey everyone. Just letting you know I am still working on this and with the help of members and some recent db findings I have a very recent version of the game. Close to when it was shut down. I had to piece together some things but it seems to be good. I am thinking of bringing it up to play around on. The engine itself is coming along nicely. Will update soon.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Previous

Return to NEAB