My website idea.

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Torniquet

My website idea.

Post by Torniquet »

Ok. im going to try and explain as best as i can lol.

I am planning on making more than one game, by building one and then adapting it for a different theme etc.

i am also in the proccess of making a 'Hub site' which will act as an account manager and sort of a social networking side of the games.

I have no intention on of hosting them all on one site, due to bandwidth and webspace restrictions (on some of the decent hosts).

So i decided to look into using a reseller plan rather than purchasing many websites.

just thought i would see your views on the idea. I have found a decent reseller plan, it hosts cron jobs (and at decent regular intervals aswell) and databases can be read and written to by any site running from the same reseller account. (which is detramental)

anyways. views?

reseller -> http://www.greenresellerwebhosting.com/
New Site Coming Soon! Stay tuned :D
Loopy

Re: My website idea.

Post by Loopy »

I work in webhosting, have for about 8 years. When someone asks me for a recommendation (friend or family member), I never recommend my own company, and I always recommend a known company that specializes in web hosting. When you start hosting with services like your ISP or domain registrars that offer hosting as an addon, then you start running into problems like foreign based technical support, and poor response times (no offense to Halls, who appears to be hosting this at GoDaddy).

I'm not familiar with the company you've listed here, sometimes you can find a diamond in the rough with an unknown host that just hasn't made it big yet. More often than not though, what you get is hard drive failure with no backups and host that doesn't have the resources to harden their servers against the knucklehead on the server next to you that's getting DOS'd.

The market forces these guys to keep in line, which is why I like the big hosts, or even better, the guys that are about to be big.. that is, if you're someone that doesn't require a lot of hand holding. Yeah, you hear some horror stories from places like Bluehost and Hostgator, but the vast majority of their clients are satisfied and even loyal. Personally I host all my stuff with wiredtree and on a dedicated server with Sago. I wouldn't contract with any unknown company for anything unless the material I was hosting was insignificant (which I have done on more than a few occasions).
ragortue

Post by ragortue »

Torniquet wrote:Ok. im going to try and explain as best as i can lol.

I am planning on making more than one game, by building one and then adapting it for a different theme etc.

i am also in the proccess of making a 'Hub site' which will act as an account manager and sort of a social networking side of the games.

I have no intention on of hosting them all on one site, due to bandwidth and webspace restrictions (on some of the decent hosts).

So i decided to look into using a reseller plan rather than purchasing many websites.

just thought i would see your views on the idea. I have found a decent reseller plan, it hosts cron jobs (and at decent regular intervals aswell) and databases can be read and written to by any site running from the same reseller account. (which is detramental)

anyways. views?

reseller -> http://www.greenresellerwebhosting.com/

Hi buddy, were you able to go ahead and apply this idea already? How did it work out for you?
sumit812

Post by sumit812 »

Idea was great but i will suggest you to go with Dedicated server rather than Reseller plan, In reseller plan also you get limit in bandwidth which occur problem to you but dedicated server you will get huge bandwidth which help to get connectivity

Return to “WebSite”