New Game comming soon!

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
bardmask

New Game comming soon!

Post by bardmask »

Hello,

_____My name is Bardmask, I am the admin and sole developer of bardmask.com.
I set up this website to host a web game I am working on. The game is not up and running. On the website is a custom forum that i constructed, its basic, I'm still adding to it. Just check out my website and post what you thing on the forum or email me.

__________- Bardmask
Jackolantern

Re: New Game comming soon!

Post by Jackolantern »

Do you have any information about the game up anywhere on your site?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
bardmask

Post by bardmask »

right now I'm still working on my site, but I'm still debating on a fps or a web based rpg.
I'm thinking fps is to mainstream nowadays and so are rpgs, so I decided to make a website to talk to my users and get their input to make the game to the users liking.
I am leaning toward the web based rpg, which will definitely be called Krutesia.

Krutesia will be set in the medieval ages with dragons, elves, dwarves, goblins and such. I already have some of the story line plotted out.
Another thing about this game is it well be in-depth on the world side, different species, both intelligent and mundane. A complex class tree, somewhat like FFTA has, but
it will include new classes to account for the species.
I have some of the skills set out, the basic ones none are locked to a certain class at this time.

I have more information. come to my website and join. ill be releasing updates there.
bardmask

Post by bardmask »

On another note, I am also a fan of conlangs, I've been developing one for a few years which was supposed to be for a book i was going to write.
Then I thought about how many people read books today, so I thought why write a book when you can make a game.
The conlang will be tied into Krutesia in a similar way as in Eragon. When the game is in its beta stage I will add a section to my website dedicated to the conlang, which is named Siddarra, im still looking for a good font making program that makes fonts similar to arabic and it variants, my script is right-to-left, cursive with different letter forms, and as far as I know most font programs only do single character fonts.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Nice! And I agree on not going the FPS direction. FPS have really become technical and graphical tour de forces these days, with companies using them to show off the new, next-gen features of their engines. It would be hard for an indie FPS to compete for mind share unless it really did something amazingly different. On the other hand, a browser RPG/MMO can easily be made by one person or a small group and compete.
bardmask

Post by bardmask »

I agree, but with most browser rpgs the storyline doesn't fit the landscape. Which is usually static. I plan on building an interactive and dynamic world. It will Sartre as a text based game, for easier debugging and editing.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I don't think there is a hardcore template for browser RPGs yet. You still see a ton of variety in games that come out, and the mold is not really formed. You are starting to see a bit of a template form around browser strategy games, where players build up a kingdom and battle other players' kingdoms, but it is still pretty wide open for browser RPGs, where you assume the role of one character and focus on that character. I would say you could inject as much story as you want provided you make it part of the core experience.
bardmask

Post by bardmask »

I agree, though I intend for it to have some aspects of wow and runescape, with a style of the old final fantasy games I already have most of the storyline mapped out, but that's all I'm doing till I have most of the game mechanics developed.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Drop the FPS idea, you will thank me later. If you want to show scenery then do you have enough scenery made already to show this world? Skyrim took thousands of man hours just for the graphics and to be honest I still invested in the story of many Text based games. If you are a writer then you will agree that words can define a world as good if not better than pictures. Take your favorite book that has a movie made from it and see which one is better. Which one did you understand the world better?

Return to “WebSite”