Nice site about browser games

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Jackolantern

Nice site about browser games

Post by Jackolantern »

I will say up front that the site seems to be dead now, as no new articles have been posted in nearly a year. However, what is there is quite good. The site is called Build New Games. There are good articles on there about real-time web games, including topics such as input prediction and lag compensation, a solid breakdown of the A* algorithm, a comparison of common JS game engines, and more. If you are interested in JS game development, it is definitely worth a look!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Nice site about browser games

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I would love to have something like this on IR. A place where people could write articles and such.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I think so, too!
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

I really liked the article about what makes games fun. It made me think of what im using in my fish game and what I could use to make it better/more fun.

As for the writings thing, maybe we should create a universa portal type blog for all IR blogs so all the articles are in one place?
PKDemon

Post by PKDemon »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:I would love to have something like this on IR. A place where people could write articles and such.
couldnt you find like a mod for phpbb that gives all the users there own little blogs where they could post tutorials and things on ?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

PKDemon wrote:
hallsofvallhalla wrote:I would love to have something like this on IR. A place where people could write articles and such.
couldnt you find like a mod for phpbb that gives all the users there own little blogs where they could post tutorials and things on ?
We have experimented with this before (we may even have blogs enabled right now :oops: ), but it doesn't bring it all together into its own site like this one does.

The more I look on this site, the more great stuff I find. I am now worried it could disappear at some point, since not much has been added in a while :|
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

yep we have blogs

http://blogs.indie-resource.com/

but I could always make the main page the main blog then have it grab news from everyone elses possibly. Or just let people make articles on the main one.

Return to “WebSite”