Why my website is so slow?

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
gridan

Why my website is so slow?

Post by gridan »

Hi there! I have uploaded a website to godday, windows plan hosting for a year. The website itself is really light weight. The biggest file there is the JQ file.
I have no idea why is so slow.

profatir.com

thanks to the helpers.
Xaos

Re: Why my website is so slow?

Post by Xaos »

GoDaddy sucks.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

I think there has been a bit of an observation by a few folk on this forum (most noticeably by Halls), that godaddy's service has deteriorated in general. To put it politely. :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Most shared hosts oversell their servers since most websites aren't running at capacity 24/7. But to my understanding, the really big players like GoDaddy jam every server to 2 - 4x capacity. Overselling is done typically to work the averages. But when you go way overboard with overselling, peak times are going to slow everyone's site to a crawl.

There is likely not much you can do about it if you are sure your site's code isn't at fault. Probably time to either jump ship to a better host (just about anyone else, but Halls has had great results with A Small Orange, the host that is currently housing this site), or get a hosting package upgrade, perhaps to a VPS.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Callan S. wrote:I think there has been a bit of an observation by a few folk on this forum (most noticeably by Halls), that godaddy's service has deteriorated in general. To put it politely. :)
You should write political speeches :D
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0yiaIuFYKI

You type in why godaddy sucks

or why not to to use godaddy and my video comes up first :)

Leave them immediately. If you have a small site with not that much bandwidth usage I will host you for free.

Return to “WebSite”