My Portfolio Website

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
vitinho444

My Portfolio Website

Post by vitinho444 »

Hello guys, I've decided to create a portfolio website to promote my skills and to get my future employers to know more about me and my work.
I've created it from scratch, using HTML5 + CSS + Javascript [jQuery (I'm in love with jQuery :P ) ]

Here's the main page screenshot:

www.oryzhon.com/vitor

I would like some feedback, on if the site is good promotion for web dev and etc :)
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Jackolantern

Re: My Portfolio Website

Post by Jackolantern »

Looking good :) My only tip would be to remove that you were the "CEO" or "president" of your own company unless it was a functioning company that made self-sustaining income. The issue is that you don't want to come across sounding like you are over-extending your previous experience, even though I know that isn't what you are doing. A potential employer sees that and may think "Oh boy, this guy may try to BS his way into a at least a middle-management job". Instead, I suggest to change the wording on that part to "founder", as that kind of gets away from the business lingo.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Wow thanks for the feedback and the tip :)
Removed CEO and now it's founder, Oryzhon Studios is not a official company, more like a group of people making games.

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Not only that I have turned people down for jobs who had CEO because it makes someone think they are high priced and will move on when a better deal comes along. Founder sounds much better. Makes people instantly think this guy or gal is smart and is creative and has the drive.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Not only that I have turned people down for jobs who had CEO because it makes someone think they are high priced and will move on when a better deal comes along. Founder sounds much better. Makes people instantly think this guy or gal is smart and is creative and has the drive.
Most definitely!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:Not only that I have turned people down for jobs who had CEO because it makes someone think they are high priced and will move on when a better deal comes along. Founder sounds much better. Makes people instantly think this guy or gal is smart and is creative and has the drive.
I was lucky to show the website here, now that i think it is awkward to apply for a job if you are a CEO xD

Return to “WebSite”