My new website (web-forums.cz.cc)

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Baseball435

My new website (web-forums.cz.cc)

Post by Baseball435 »

Hey everyone. Today I just made my own website web-forums.cz.cc and it's going to be based on mostly websites and web design. Yes i don't have my own logo and still need one. I cant spend any money but if someone could maybe make me one that would be awesome :) as for my website pleasee join it as it is in need of members obviously and am trying to get this website off the ground. So if you guys want to check it out go to web-forums.cz.cc!
PaxBritannia

Re: My new website (web-forums.cz.cc)

Post by PaxBritannia »

:?

Don't do it!

Whatever you do, don't make a new forum which does practically the same thing just so you can be the administrator!

Halls is already very busy, and I don't think anyone would want this site to be deserted and turned into another of those graveyard sites.

Also, offering moderator to the first person with 50 posts is silly. Never do something like that. You might (and probably will) regret it.

ita stet.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i have to agree. It is the same as this. It is VERY hard to get forums off the ground and even harder work to keep it maintained. I had to build tons of tutorials to even remotely populate this place and even then I was extremely lucky to get the great members here.
Being a admin is not always fun, banning people, fighting spam, having to hold back emotional posts, ect... not fun.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

And if you do make one, do not get a "something.cz.cc". In fact, I had to look back at your post twice just to remember it to write it in my post! And if I can't even remember it for 10 seconds to write a sentence, what are the chances someone can remember it for a month or two to return to your site. Today people can be judicious about making a bookmark, and they wait to see if they use a site a couple of times before they will give your site one. If you aren't a real organization (in which case you get a .org), it is .com, .net or nothing! There is a reason they give those top-level domains away for free/dirt cheap.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Okay..I just thought it would be cool to have my own forum. Luckily I didn't buy it and it was nulled. As for the website, I can't spend any money and that's the closest I could get to a free domain :/
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

It can may be kinda cool, but it quite often is not fun. Battling spammers all day and all night, dealing with host issues, and posting and posting and posting to try to keep your small beginning community alive. It can be mind-numbing, actually.
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Yeah i guess so.. I'll just take it down then and maybe work on just a normal website. Idk.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Baseball435 wrote:Yeah i guess so.. I'll just take it down then and maybe work on just a normal website. Idk.
Why not work on a game? It is typically a lot more fun than running an online community!
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

I just don't know php enough. Like I know the functions to grab data (like users) from a table, I don't know too Many functions, and I don't understand or know how to do queries
PaxBritannia

Post by PaxBritannia »

Don't we have tutorials for this...

Anyways,
Why not work on a game? It is typically a lot more fun than running an online community!
I'm actually working on a coding a website which allows people to creates community building websites (One of the main features of my social networking site). So, in a year or so, the reverse might be true.

ita Stet.

Return to “WebSite”