Website template into dreamweaver

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Baseball435

Website template into dreamweaver

Post by Baseball435 »

Hey guys, well idk how many of you are skilled in HTML/CSS/etc but I love to make websites and I also love to make website templates but I've never really found out the right way to take a website template you made, say we made it in photoshop, and export it to dreamweaver, or a different program (I use dreamweaver), and then edit and add content. I have done it before where I took just the header body and footer as images and did it from there but if I wanted to change something around it would take a long time. So if anyone knows of anyways to export website templates to dreamweaver you would be the biggest help to me! Thanks!

~Baseball435
Jackolantern

Re: Website template into dreamweaver

Post by Jackolantern »

I am definitely far from being an expert web designer, but for graphical design of web pages, I prefer Fireworks over Photoshop, because the entire application is designed from the ground up for creating websites. There is a wonderful Fireworks to Dreamweaver export/import function that takes your visual design and creates HTML and CSS to recreate it in code in Dreamweaver.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Haha okay well I happen to have fireworks too but I just happened to get Photoshop that's why I said it. But what function is that? I don't remember seeing a function like that.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Ohh, I just found out while looking for info that the feature was actually added in CS4, so I am not sure which version you are using. If you have CS4 or CS5, here is an Adobe Developer article describing its use. It is called "CSS and Images" in the export options.
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Ooohhh wow yeah that helps a Lott. And yes I have cs4
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I don't think it produces perfect structure in your code, but it is a great starting point, and much easier than trying to slice up a Photoshop mock-up and trying to write the CSS by hand to recreate the layout.
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Yeah that's what I always hated to do With Photoshop and fireworks (until now). I was planing on making a website that let's people buy or download templates I have made, but I don't know how to get people on the site and if it's even a good idea
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Well, there are a lot of template sites out there, but many of them take other people's templates, and let them sell them or offer them for free for the author.
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Ohhh yeah thats why i didnt know if i was going to do it or not. I want to make money off of my website but dont know how to.

Return to “WebSite”