Dreamhost

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Baseball435

Dreamhost

Post by Baseball435 »

Hey eveyone, I was looking at webhosts and I saw dreamhost.com and if said over 1 million websites and it Gave you all these unlimited things. Has anyone ever tried it or know if it is a good webhost?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Dreamhost

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

nope never have. Had more issue s with damn godaddy today though :roll:
PaxBritannia

Post by PaxBritannia »

I haven't used it. Just host offers unlimited hosting as well for 3.95 or so if you pre-buy 2 years. The bill for me totalled $75ish.

Pax.
P.S. if you do use it, there is a secret link at the bottom which gives you a discount.
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

PaxBritannia wrote:I haven't used it. Just host offers unlimited hosting as well for 3.95 or so if you pre-buy 2 years. The bill for me totalled $75ish.

Pax.
P.S. if you do use it, there is a secret link at the bottom which gives you a discount.
ok, do you think it's a good price to buy it?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Baseball435 wrote:
PaxBritannia wrote:I haven't used it. Just host offers unlimited hosting as well for 3.95 or so if you pre-buy 2 years. The bill for me totalled $75ish.

Pax.
ok, do you think it's a good price to buy it?
I would probably just pay the higher monthly fee for at least 2 months to see how they are. If they turn out to be garbage you will have 2 years of hosting you won't use while your actual site is running with someone else.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

ok i might try it
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

yes do not get a years worth until trying the service for a month or more.
PaxBritannia

Post by PaxBritannia »

Or just check reviews and email/phone them. Phoning works especially well: it catches them off guard and any customer support discrepancies are relieved.

As my general rule: if they have goof customer support, everything else will be fine.

Pax.
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Bluehost > Dreamhost

Dreamhost guys are funny, but they're basically the Beavis and Butthead of the hosting industry... they've had some epic problems over the last few years, and every summer they have to contend with power problems (given they're located in southern cali).

They would be ok for non critical 'I don't care if I lose my data, my website is offline, or or you bill me incorrectly' scenarios...
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Loopy wrote:Bluehost > Dreamhost

Dreamhost guys are funny, but they're basically the Beavis and Butthead of the hosting industry... they've had some epic problems over the last few years, and every summer they have to contend with power problems (given they're located in southern cali).

They would be ok for non critical 'I don't care if I lose my data, my website is offline, or or you bill me incorrectly' scenarios...

Ok then I probably won't use that

Return to “WebSite”