Indiepoint.net - Lifetime Premium Offer

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Noctrine

Indiepoint.net - Lifetime Premium Offer

Post by Noctrine »

Alright, today is the day where I push the new updates to Indiepoint. With all the little issues worked out and the big ones working, I need to start moving into the Indie Page API, but I don't really know what people need.

So I am looking for a few people to participate in a alpha / beta for the Indie Pages. Adequate participation would equal a premium account for as long as you are active on the site, and as long as you don't neglect future betas. I guess it's sort of like a Q&A role or something. I've yet to make a seriously formal post about it though so yeh.

Indiepages are akin to a hosted website, but you don't have to muck around in HTML/PHP. You get to use a GUI, (or a custom API if you are a premium member) to change the way your site looks. And I want it to be comprehensive (hence why I need feedback on what people would like to see in it).

Your site is hosted off of Indiepoint, but you are able to use your own domain as if it were your own hosted website. Also working on getting an advertising network built into Indiepoint so you could monetize your site that way if you'd like.

What is Indiepoint?
- Social Networking / Magazine site dedicated to helping Independent Entertainers expose their work on a Mainstream level.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Indiepoint.net - Lifetime Premium Offer

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

very kewl! glad to see this going. Will be a good asset to the indie community
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

It Definitely took for freaking ever, don't think I am ever going to write a site like this without a framework ever again. Then again, if I knew what I know now when I started, I wouldn't have had to restart from scratch on most of the pages.
Jesse Dorsey
Viet

Post by Viet »

So basically this site is for web hosting? (Like FatCow and HostGator?) Just that it gives you the ability to create websites without knowledge of coding?
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

No, the site is more like what myspace and purevolume were when they were specialized more towards music. But I think the limitations on page structure that they gave were quite lame so I made it so that you can (with a premium account) have nearly complete control over how your site looks.

Primarily the site is to function like an entertainment magazine. Scouring the content made available on it to give people a bit of free promotion and keep the creative energy flowing. The feature set for game developers isn't completely decided on, but there are quite a few expansions for music in the works by the other two programmers working on it.

With a quick little list:
- Peer to Peer Streaming Radio
- Venue Finder (Both for helping artists book venues, and for fans to connect to artists at the venues)
- Marketplace for selling (this will be available to both game developers and musicians, game developers will be able to utilize our managed Serial Key DRM system also)
- We are hoping to apply for a Sirius or XM satellite radio station after the content gets to a certain level.
- Site dedicated to functioning on Google TV, hopefully with some original programming dealing with indies in major entertainment industry hubs.
- Directory of Various Industry facilities in the area (recording studios, art houses)
- Mobile Applications for the cool major phone platforms (sans blackberry more than likely, its a pain to develop on) that make many of the sites features constantly available to you.
- and quite a bit more

It just seems like its basically hosting, because I am trying to get people to test out the page creation APIs and provide feedback on them. What you guys would mostly be interested in is the custom extensions for game projects that allow all kinds of functionality, but I can't really speak on those because I don't want people hating me if a feature doesn't make the cut.
Jesse Dorsey
Viet

Post by Viet »

Well, I'm willing to help if you would like, just have to tell me exactly what to do.
I signed up for the site, but didn't really see much besides the forum (which I'm sure is probably just all hidden or limited to specific users atm).

Although I know this site hates hearing this, I don't know much (other than what I learned about Java in an elective course), but it's Summer now and I am pretty willing to learn what is needed to help out :P Only real experience with helping out websites is that I'm Co-Admin & Global Moderator for a virtual pet site in development, but people rarely hire mods that are not already on the team doing something else.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

we don't mind those hear that are learning,that is what this site is for.

IndiePoint is a separate site than this one.
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

Yes Indiepoint is seperate. While this site mainly exists to help people learn about making stuff., Indiepoint is almost strictly for helping people with finished work showcase said work.

And although I am looking for programming staff that's not what I am asking for. I'm looking for Indie's who need a website to show off there work.

EDIT: Also yeah, the new version is still on the dev server. I only show it to people who ask, that can have some input.
Jesse Dorsey
Baseball435

Post by Baseball435 »

Noctrine wrote:Yes Indiepoint is seperate. While this site mainly exists to help people learn about making stuff., Indiepoint is almost strictly for helping people with finished work showcase said work.

And although I am looking for programming staff that's not what I am asking for. I'm looking for Indie's who need a website to show off there work.

EDIT: Also yeah, the new version is still on the dev server. I only show it to people who ask, that can have some input.
well Idk what type of coding your looking for but I know HTML and css if you need help with the website design and look. I'm working for spiritwebb right now on making a website template and website for his game, undiscovered.
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

Staff Developer Applicants need working knowledge of: XML, HTML(5), CSS, Javascript, and PHP

Unless you are a professional designer, I don't need help on the look.

This post isn't looking for staff. Its looking for people who need a website for their studio, or solo ventures.
Jesse Dorsey

Return to “WebSite”