a site i have just done (y)

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
jpoisson

Re: a site i have just done (y)

Post by jpoisson »

Torniquet wrote:
jpoisson wrote:Torn, you might want ot looking into the .load() function. instead of loading everything on one page you can just change the information in a specific tag by loading a page in it with that JQuery ajax command.
i did think about doing that, but the problem with that is, that the transitions wouldnt have been as smooth (well they prob would cuz it only holds text lol... but im sure u know wot i mean).

for pure text based websites. that would be fine. but the website i used for a base, orgigionally was going to have a few images, and several db calls. so wouldnt have looked as nice.

thnx for the suggestion tho :)

yes and no. it would take the same amount of time to load. Now this is where you start to control the cache and how it works. For my GUI prototype i am working on I am using images, text, Sprites... etc so I know what the server strains are. The fluid-ness between the transitions are very smooth if you set up the order properly the only delay would be the initial first load of an image, or data transition.

The greatest thing I find about using ajax is it actually saves on bandwidth if you make all your pages just load normally but not include the divs and such and just load what is needed when needed in the divs.
Xen

Post by Xen »

Very catchy looking site already - good effort!
Must have been something in that tuna sandwich :D
Don't play games with a girl that can play them better...
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

Xen wrote:Very catchy looking site already - good effort!
Must have been something in that tuna sandwich :D
must have been. either that or the fact i couldnt have my usual pint n burger lol.
New Site Coming Soon! Stay tuned :D

Return to “WebSite”