a site i have just done (y)

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Torniquet

a site i have just done (y)

Post by Torniquet »

Ok was sitting in the pub having my J2O and tuna mayo sandwhich sarny this afternoon...

and i had a brainstorm,

and thus this was born :)

www.torni.netii.net

This is not a full website. I used this website/game as the base because, A. the owners of it are my best mates. B. i wanted a site where there could be several instances of the same page. and C. becuase i can :D

any ways.

the website is controled purly by Jquery and Ajax. the different pages fade in and out. click the header to change the server, and along with the name of the server being displayed any server related pages (item list and player rankings) will also change to display the relivent information.

its liek flash but better :p
New Site Coming Soon! Stay tuned :D
MAruz

Re: a site i have just done (y)

Post by MAruz »

nice, was fast page switch too.
PHP, Java, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, XML, MySQL / Oracle
Photoshop, Illustrator
www.cuddly-zombie.com
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

there is no page switching. everything is loaded when u see the black screen. then things just fade in and out at request :)
MAruz

Post by MAruz »

Torniquet wrote:there is no page switching. everything is loaded when u see the black screen. then things just fade in and out at request :)
well yeah, just bad choice of words from me :P I understand how ajax works, I just didn't bother describing the "fade" thing. In practical usage, it's just another way of switching pages...
PHP, Java, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, XML, MySQL / Oracle
Photoshop, Illustrator
www.cuddly-zombie.com
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

MAruz wrote:
Torniquet wrote:there is no page switching. everything is loaded when u see the black screen. then things just fade in and out at request :)
well yeah, just bad choice of words from me :P I understand how ajax works, I just didn't bother describing the "fade" thing. In practical usage, it's just another way of switching pages...
yeah i kinda guessed wot you ment after i posted lol. meh well :p
dave3460

Post by dave3460 »

Torniquet that is a great looking setup already nice job .
Makes the help site i am finishing look quite plain
jpoisson

Post by jpoisson »

Torn, you might want ot looking into the .load() function. instead of loading everything on one page you can just change the information in a specific tag by loading a page in it with that JQuery ajax command.
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

jpoisson wrote:Torn, you might want ot looking into the .load() function. instead of loading everything on one page you can just change the information in a specific tag by loading a page in it with that JQuery ajax command.
i did think about doing that, but the problem with that is, that the transitions wouldnt have been as smooth (well they prob would cuz it only holds text lol... but im sure u know wot i mean).

for pure text based websites. that would be fine. but the website i used for a base, orgigionally was going to have a few images, and several db calls. so wouldnt have looked as nice.

thnx for the suggestion tho :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

looking good
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Nice! :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr