Update Nov 8th

Latest News
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Update Nov 8th

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

being it is election day here in the US and it will be a total mess and stupid day I thought I would give some positive news for NEAB.

I am working on the main island and a few surrounding islands so we have a good starting area. Working on starting equipment, NPCs, ect..

While I do not want to recreate NEAB I also do not want to lose the original game and all the lore created. Instead this version of NEAB will be "after the cataclysm". A world created from the ashes of the old world. A whole new place to play that has a heavy history and lore of the old game. Think Oblivion or Skyrim on how they had all those old books and letters from history that was a part of your quests. It will a brand new set of adventures in a somewhat familiar world. Old family names will have descendants. Old items will be found again in the ruins of ancient places. Old ruins to be explored, new ruins to be found. At the same time new players to carve out a name. Old guilds reborn or new ones to take on the new world.
Nowhere else and Beyond the Cataclysm :)

What I need now is writers for the new content. I need help collecting the old data and turning it into lore and molding it into the new game. While much of the content will be new there will definitely be some ruins from old islands. Mainly the ones we still have screen shots for. While I have the old game it has been extremely hard to keep it stable. I am actually moving it to a raspberry pi with an old server and old versions of PHP and apache so I can get it stable and play through it to get a glimps of the old world.

I welcome all suggestions and comments as well as help.
zonneschijn

Re: Update Nov 8th

Post by zonneschijn »

I still have all the quests from my two islands: ile de soleil and holiday island.
I also made some quests on the scattered islands around neab, and I think I also still have those.

I'm willing to help with a storyline and implementing quests (given that it takes no coding, but the system the way player islands were made.)

In order not to have too many people work on 1 main storyline, this might be a suggestion:

Player arrives in the ruins of for instance soupir, where glum is welcoming them.
From there on, we could introduce different "survivors" who can give quests to the players. Every person who is willing to help with the story/quests can create some characters in the game and make out storylines with them.

Storyline could be: recreate a world, send out players to discover e.g:
the imps and the island where imps live,
the wizards and the island where they live,
the elfs and the island where they live,

etc...

:roll: only a suggestion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I like it but this story line will be around 100 years after the Cataclysm. I want enough time to pass to allow for true ruins and the major changes to make sense. I definitely like the idea of starting out with few actual players to help build the new storyline. Especially people like you that still have old quests that can and remember some of the old world that can help put in a history.
zonneschijn

Post by zonneschijn »

You could kind of keep the south/north part with 100 year old ruins, and a few npc's that were around in neab. They could tell you about the different 'new' worlds that have come into existence.

Then you can link each 'new' world to different skills, quests, .... That way you can also avoid players having to choose a particular category like being a warrior, wizard, ..

Just a suggestion could be:

1/ world of the wizards : players can do some fun quests to obtain the skill to use magic, once that skill is there they can learn different types of magic

2/ world of warriors: players can learn fighting techniques there, upgrade their dex., etc...

3/ world of the crafters: where people learn to craft, find the materials to craft,

4/ world of the fishers: where people learn to fish, plenty of waters to catch good fish, could be integrated with cooking skill

It's just still an open suggestion that needs lots of refinement, and hopefully input by other "old" or new players too.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Thanks! There will be no NPCs from old NEAB as this is a 100 years after however there will be bloodlines and such.

Return to “Announcements”