NWE Module Committee

General Chat, Comments
gmoore

NWE Module Committee

Post by gmoore »

With an upcoming release we are changing the modules structure.

Components: FunMayhem Based Code (Free / Not Free)
Modules: User Community Code (Free / Not Free)
Plugins: Local Custom Code

We might come up with a group that approves modules and code reviews modules.

What do you think?

Greg
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
KyleMassacre

Re: NWE Module Committee

Post by KyleMassacre »

How is the plugins going to work exactly that differs from the modules? I always thought plugins and modules were basically one in the same depending on the system you are using for example node uses modules whereas composer uses plugins.

Also this committee, who would it be? Would it be someone from funmayhem or hand picked people that are here for example? The only reason I ask is because I have some concerns:
  1. If it's someone not from this community do they understand the little quirks with the engine like reserved file names like the difference between post/pre_content or etc (not that it's difficult)
  2. If it's someone from IR for example (not judging, just and example) refer to item 1 and can they be trusted and not steal our modules for their own?
I only ask because like I have stated before, or as a few people know, I do module review for MCC but I am well versed in the script and can accept or reject with sufficient feedback to help them get their module accepted next time around. And also TBH, I sit there and think "Wow, I can totally have this great $20 module for free and no one will know!". But people in the MCC community know me and my style and integrity and I even take the time to help them issue a DMCA when needed.

NOTE: I am not trying to sell my self as a candidate
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

I was thinking like 2 from here and 2 from the community. Have 2 people approve from the 4. I would assume they would be trustable, committed members of the community.

My goal is not be a slow down on the module approvals and get more eyes on them. Our history has not shown any difficulties in module submissions. However I want to be prepared for the future. Our plans for the company include 2-3+ thousand users in the next couple of years. I would rather talk about this now than then. (Note: That is for all of our product plans)

Greg
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Sounds great. Just let me know if I can help in any way. I can make a great liason (me thinks) lol

Return to “General”