NWE 1.1.9 Released

General Chat, Comments
gmoore

NWE 1.1.9 Released

Post by gmoore »

The download on your account is now pointed to the 1.1.9 maintenance release.

Please note the new EULA and copyright information. The End User License Agreement is addressing items in the license that were inferred rather than in print. The copyright is changed from Alain Bertrand to FunMayhem.com, a business located in New York, United States.

Please email NWE@FunMayhem.com if you have any issues with the install. There is no upgrade file to this release.

Thank you!
Greg
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
gmoore

Re: NWE 1.1.9 Released

Post by gmoore »

NEW WORLDS ENGINE - End User License Agreement 05/20/2015
Professional Version 1.1.9 and Beyond

1. We grant you one license to install and use this software on a single domain and unlimited sub-domains on
that single domain. You may create backups to the software but do not circulate/distribute them in public.
If you do not agree to the following terms of this license, please uninstall and remove all copies and return
the product to the place that you purchased it from within 30 days of your purchase for a proportionate refund.

2. You may install and use the software on one development computer, but the software may not be in development
use on more than one computer at a time unless you purchase additional licenses. You may make back-up copies
of the software for archival purposes. You may permanently transfer your license to use the software to another
party who will be bound by this agreement, provided you do not retain any copies of the software. You have to
inform the licenser about the license transfer.

3. The software is protected by the copyright laws of the U.S. and other countries, and we retain all
intellectual property rights in the software. You may not separately publish, sell, market, distribute, lend,
lease, rent, or sublicense the software code including the license key. However, this license is not to be
construed as prohibiting or limiting any fair use sanctioned by copyright law, such as permitted classroom
usage, customizing or reverse engineering, and providing service to your end users.

LIMITED WARRANTY

4. We warrant that the software will provide the features and functions generally described in the product
specification on our website when you purchased it and in the product documentation. Media on which the
Software is furnished, if any, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship.

5. We have taken reasonable steps to keep the software free of viruses, spyware, "back door" entrances, or
any other harmful code. We will not track or collect any information about you, your data, or your use of the
software except as you specifically authorize. The software will not download or install patches, upgrades, or
any third party software without getting your permission. We will not intentionally deprive you of your ability
to use any features of the software or access to your data.

6. We do not warrant that the software or your ability to use it will be uninterrupted or error-free. To the
extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a
particular purpose.

LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY

7. Your exclusive remedy under the above limited warranty shall be, at our option, either a full refund of the
purchase price or correction of the defective software or media. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable
law, we disclaim all liability for indirect or consequential damages that arise under this license agreement.
Nothing in this agreement limits our liability to you in the event of death or personal injury resulting from
gross negligence, fraud, or knowing misrepresentation on our part.

GENERAL PROVISIONS

8. If any part of this agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms will stay in effect.
This agreement does not prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer.

9. This agreement does not supersede any express warranties we made to you. Any modification to this agreement
must be agreed to in writing by both parties.

10. This agreement will apply from the date of the installation of the software.

gmoore

Post by gmoore »

And some fun with the host differences between where the site used to be and ours. Will check the forums and email.

After downloading 1.1.9, make sure you place your license key into config/license.php.

Greg

Sim

Post by Sim »

gmoore wrote:And some fun with the host differences between where the site used to be and ours. Will check the forums and email.

After downloading 1.1.9, make sure you place your license key into config/license.php.

Greg

Not to familiar with NWE, but if some sort of installer is used for updating shouldn't the key auto transferred to there?
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

Just to clarify does 1. and 2. of the EULA mean you may have one copy on a web domain, and one copy on a development pc? Just wondering because I develop in WAMP on my own pc and send updates from WAMP to whatever I have running live and public on a hosting domain (once I finish something). I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

Right your development PC is okay. Unlimited backups (because I am a backup nut).

The engine license is to be used on one domain but on an unlimited number of subdomains.

Example (the engine license can be on all of these at the same time):

www.funmayhem.com
test.funmayhem.com
dev.funmayhem.com
example.funmayhem.com
mymodules.funmayhem.com
game1.funmayhem.com
supercrimegame.funmayhem.com
superspacegame.funmayhem.com

also
www.funmayhem.com/supercrimegame (is good)

I figured that would add some flexibility to the developers for development, testing, etc. But if there is a domain name pointing to one of the sub domains that would require an additional license (such as www.supercrimegame.com pointing to supercrimegame.funmayhem.com).

And this is for the Professional Version of New Worlds Engine (the package that cost $100). EULA coming up for Free/Trial versions soon.

Greg

Kesstryl

Post by Kesstryl »

Ok thanks for the clarification. I do have a professional license that I purchased last year. I still need to update my WAMP copy to your new url though (I don't have a live version on a webhost yet). I'm thinking of developing with it again now that there seems to be interest in moving the engine forward.
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

The Professional License = the $100 license from Package 1 on the website. Regardless of the price you actually paid. This is for version 1.x.

Originally there was a 1 year support/update plan (which is currently on hold until a version 2.x is introduced).

2.x will not be introduced until there is significant upgrades to the system. Those upgrades have not yet been defined. They will include look and feel, core subsystem changes and 'cool' changes you can't resist. :)

Thank you!
Greg

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Are you saying the 1.x owners will have to buy 2.x?
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

Haven't even gotten to thinking about it much yet.

Return to “General”