Forsaken Sancctum

Show off your games here!

Re: Forsaken Sancctum

Postby KyleMassacre » Wed May 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Not saying that you are but we were kind of talking about combat and editing it, but for that I don't believe you need to mess with combat in order to achieve what you have done. All that stuff is hooked into the combat itself
My NWE Modules
KyleMassacre

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Wed May 27, 2015 12:25 pm

not sure what you mean. The design is all just adding CSS classes, but the actual dynamics of the combat I am editing in the combat module. I will not be releasing this as a module as it is custom combat. Psionics however may be a module.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby KyleMassacre » Wed May 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Because in combat_action.php you can create ways to attack and stuff like that and combat_action_menu creates the links/buttons to access that. Examples can be found in the combat_main_actions module
My NWE Modules
KyleMassacre

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Thu May 28, 2015 12:01 pm

ah I see what you are saying. Yes that is what I am using.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Ive started working on this again. I am working on the map system now and will have some updates soon, Going to redo my original Map system.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Postby KyleMassacre » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:14 pm

Looking forward to it
My NWE Modules
KyleMassacre

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Wed May 18, 2016 10:59 pm

I am rewriting this game from the Forsaken Sanctum Web Game. In other words I am converting my 4.0 version to NWE. I want to support the engine so I have decide to convert all my code as well as rebuild all my map system. I am rebuilding my original web system that did very well until it became unbalanced.

To give a quick re cap of my original game for those that were not a part of it the original FS was (if I dont mind saying) was a one of kind game that was 100% built by players. Problem was that the players controlled all of the game. The supply, the demand, the whole world. The first few weeks were great, 1,000's of players playing a beta building the world Then comes the hard core players taking over the world, owning all trades, clans, ect.. soon it became a Vegas and the "mafia" ruled all. The world soon became too realistic and was destroyed by a few players who took over all. Fun times but I had to shut down.
Long story made short I am rebuilding this living breathing world and community in NWE and hopefully I can re create the realism without too much unbalance. There is a game out there using my original code that has thousands of players and had a good balanced start so I will try to rebuild my code even better with more features and get a world built.

Will update all as i go.

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Postby KaL » Thu May 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Well, looks like you and me have the same concept for our games. I'm combining

War game: conquer land and resource

MMORPG: Dungeon raid, talent tree, storyline, Pvp, Pet system.

Sim City: economics

Pretty much I want player to create their own quest, companies, monster levelup and create their own world too.
So I don't have to do too much of it. LOL
KaL

Postby Chromeozone » Fri May 20, 2016 5:14 am

I would really love it, if this was a community game meaning that we could all work on this. I really want to start on a new project that is going to be big in the future but everyone seems to be behind closed doors:(!
Chromeozone

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby hallsofvallhalla » Fri May 20, 2016 11:47 am

Hmm I would consider this but I am not sure FS is the best one for this. Maybe starting something new? I would be happy to use FS however I have a set direction I am taking it so there would be little conversation on changes. hence why maybe a new project would be better. I could host it here or wherever.

The map system is basically done. Working on harvesting now. The more players lumber, mine, scrap, ect in an area the worse an area gets and the pics change. Tehy also grow over time to get better and the pics reflect. FOr now you just click on the map to move. Will add compass later.

image hosting

And yes I agree everyone has went silent. Many go into game development then leave it. More like a whim for so many. It has been very silent around here and little to no PBBG's being put out by indies but it will pick back up. It always does.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Previous

Return to NWE Project Showoff