Dot World Maker

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
a_bertrand

Dot World Maker

Post by a_bertrand »

Hi,

It has been a long time since you heard from me. Well, I can say I was and still am is pretty busy. But I think it's time to reveal what is my latest project:

https://www.dotworldmaker.com/

So what is it?
In short it's a 2D graphical RPG maker directly usable from your browser, which let you create multi player games. You can upload your own art (and soon your music too), change all the game rules, edit the maps, place monsters, create quests, and much more.

Who can be interested?
Whoever want to create his/her own 2D rpg or just even want to play one.

How much will it cost?
There will be a couple of options. You will be able to start without paying a cent, but some features will be disabled and available only for "pro" users.

Can I make money with it?
Yes you can, as we will introduce premium shops such that your players can spend money on your game. There will be a fee on the sales most likely but you shall get most of the money. Payment for your players and for you will be done via Paypal.

Can I create a big game with it?
Yes you can create really really huge games, with loads of maps and content. We doubt you will ever reach the limits of our system.

Do I need to download something to start?
No it's all fully working within your browser using HTML5 technologies (JS and Canvas). No need to download anything neither for you nor your players.

Will my game be playable from mobile devices?
Yes we do plan to make the games fully playable by mobiles, while the maker will most likely be too difficult to use from a mobile device.

When shall the product be ready to be used?
We plan to have a full product by the end of this year. However our own game will be released only middle next year.

Can I save / export my game?
We do offer backup and restore of your game data, which you can save on your PC. However we don't have a plan yet to let you export the code to run it on your computer or another server.

How can my players access the game I designed?
Every game created with our tool is accessible as <your_game_name>.dotworld.me
Using this URL your players access directly your game without jumping on our home site.

Will you offer some content as start point?
Yes we will normally offer 2 different base content you could choose from and use for your own game creation. Currently we have a first one you can already start using.

What about security?
We do already have some cheat detection implemented but more will come later on preventing basically most of the player cheating. You can however already try to see what is already implemented and be surprised.

Who participate in this project?
Currently we are 2 people, an artist creating art, and working on our game, and myself working on the code.

What is still missing?
If you want to know if you can already use the tool then the answer is yes you can, but we still have loads planned and ongoing. You can check our roadmap for more information: https://www.dotworldmaker.com/todo.html

Some screenshots:
Main game settings
s1.png
Map editor
s2.png
Zone generator
s3.png
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
a_bertrand

Re: Dot World Maker

Post by a_bertrand »

Tiles manager
s4.png
NPC editor
s5.png
And some maps to see how it can look like when an artists work with it
s6.png
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

s7.png
s8.png
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Very nice!!
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Very nice. It's always a pleasure to see your latest and greatest
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Thanks guys for the kind words. As you may imagine, that's already a lot of work, even if it is still not containing all our ideas (will it ever?).
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

simply amazing. I get more excited when you put something new out than when Samsung releases a new phone.

I will also say I have been playing around with this and it is friggin awesome
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Thanks hallsofvallhalla. Actually just for info, the default art has been offered by the mighty hallsofvallhalla.

There is still a few open questions about some base stuff, which hopefully will be fixed really soon. I need also to setup the payment facility to open game owner sell in game premium items, and for us to sell either add-on like graphical / sound packs or extensions like PvP online games.

Stay tuned as the project is evolving quite quickly, and hopefully we will start soon the true beta phase with a contest!
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I have been working on my art and game ideas and hope to get started on a game very soon.
Dominion

Post by Dominion »

Looks good as always. :)

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”