RockStar Mmo

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
towcar

Re: RockStar Mmo

Post by towcar »

Thats a really great point, I could maybe have a beginner teacher, and an advanced teacher, then if your so skilled you are beyond your teacher and can't buy lessons anymore. Thanks so much

I haven't been able to work on RockstarMMo much, GF, Work, Sports, School, Car...
Summer is close, I should get some time, then my situation will be, GF, Work, Sports, Computers, GF, Car, GF :P

Actually I just remembered I was waiting for an update in RC cause I can't make new actors, which slows down alot of progress. Might have to downgrade :(
towcar

Post by towcar »

Figured a way around my current game editor MAV so progress begins again :)

Update:
Added all the portals, many way points.
Made some new interior Models

ScreenShot- (about time too)

This is a Character Model that I was given, can't find the animations at the moment.
Sorry to whoever gave this to me, I can't get on mmorpgmaker anymore and your name is in my private messages there, and I am done with that forum. So sorry about not giving credit for getting me thig :)

Edit; Oh Thanks to Nbt
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

That's a pretty neat model. Also good job on figuring out an RC bug and a way around it.. Keep us updated on your game :).
C/C++/C#/Blitzmax/Visual Basic Programmer
Blender/XSI user
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it what you have" -Unknown author
"Sleeping the number one cause of death" -Raven67854
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz Black Edition
8 gigs Corsair ram 1066mhz
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

towcar wrote:Figured a way around my current game editor MAV so progress begins again :)
Sorry to whoever gave this to me, I can't get on mmorpgmaker anymore and your name is in my private messages there, and I am done with that forum.
Welcome to the big leagues!!!
towcar

Post by towcar »

Lol, well i think Rc is pissed at me now lol
I was adding outside models to the editor Media folder, when I did this it made 20 copies of almost everything.
So I have to click on the name, hit delete, confirm Delete... on a few hundred things...

So I asked RC company to make a multiple deleter for the media in the editor... lol

Otherwise progress is going very smooth, Hope to have one more cool update before I go this weekend

Edit: Screen Shot
Inside the Music Store
ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

I think combat should be like guitar hero style battle mode
Coding-PHP, Javascript, C++, HTML, mySQL
Modeling/Art-Blender, GIMP
Games-Unity, Game Maker 8
rockinliam

Post by rockinliam »

dude wat an awesome concept, i would love to see it upon completion.
Skillset: C/C++, OpenGL, C#, Lua, PHP, MySql, Web Dev etc.
towcar

Post by towcar »

ZeroComp wrote:I think combat should be like guitar hero style battle mode
In rc? Ha good luck besides that would be pretty unoriginal.
rockinliam wrote:dude wat an awesome concept, i would love to see it upon completion.
This topic came up due to necroing, and this was my project I was working on when I left Rc, I was close to finishing a test demo too but RC just kept buggin up and costing me weeks of unnecessary xtra work and re-work
towcar

Post by towcar »

Hey wow, I haven't been on in so long.

Someone was asking me about this the other day I was just looking through and thinking I like this idea I wished RC had worked and who knows what would have happened.

I Dunno what do you guys think? I made this 2 years ago, and I'm a hell whole lot smarter. Tempting to do it again eh?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Good to see you around again!

I don't know if you have been completely away from indie MMO making, but things have changed a lot. There is really no reason to use RC anymore. In the same price range is Big World Indie, and then quite a bit more money (around $5k, but quite a bit more engine and tools) is HeroCloud (aka Hero Engine Indie)! Most RC projects have slowed to a crawl and then died as most of the skilled ex-RCers move on to more professional tools. Unity also has a lot better community support for making MMOs, with more community-available scripts and resources, as well as commercial MMO server options such as ElectroServer and SmartFoxServer. The days of weak, broken tools holding you back are really long gone!
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”