[WIP] Online Game Maker - ceilfire.com

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
n3on

[WIP] Online Game Maker - ceilfire.com

Post by n3on »

Project: ceilfire.com

Hello,

I'm searching for boards where I can present my current in-progress project and maybe find some feedback/suggestions/critics and testers. Indie-Resource seems to fit well.

So, what am I doing?

Currently the idea is to make on online HTML5 game maker (similar to construct2, game salad, yoyo gamemaker but of course it's a long way to go), where you can play, make and publish the games directly in one place, in your browser without any plugins.

It's based on PhaserJS game engine and runs on NodeJS with MongoDB. There is a lot to do and the project is currently in the alpha stage.

Here are some screenshots:

There is a time laps making-of video of Flappy Bird with ceilfire (But with the older user interface:

[YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4ceMuH-8xk[/YouTube]

This flappybird game: Flappy-Bird Clone

Links

Project Page: ceilfire.com There you find example games, tutorials, the game maker, help forum etc.
Editor (can be accessed from the page): ceilfire.com/editor

Let me know what you think! It should work in Firefox or Chrome.

I will try to post updates every two weeks
Last edited by n3on on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xaos

Re: [WIP] Online Game Maker - ceilfire.com

Post by Xaos »

Looks great so far! You've also come to the right forum, this forum is very heavy of supporters of HTML5/JS collectively. It's becoming popular and you may have something really good here.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Very good ;) Keep up the good work ^^
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

n3on

Post by n3on »

Thank you! I will do my best :)
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

This is only in alpha?

edited by Halls *sorry just not a fan of comments like that, please do not comment on my edit. just continue on with topic, thanks*

The flow of the website is amazing, and seeing the user projects at the bottom is very cool too - You definitely have something here if you continue to add more features.

The guys here are happy to help if you need any help but well done! This is very cool.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Very nicely done.
n3on

Post by n3on »

Chromeozone wrote:This is only in alpha?
Yes, it's still in alpha. There are some big parts missing and some of editor interfaces are still lacking better user workflow (like the assets editor, or the event rules editor). And there are some stability issues like cross-origin errors in Chrome (so if you ever see black squares playing some games on ceilfire, this is dude to some strange cross origin errors.) And sometimes there are crashes in Firefox. Tutorial coverage is not optimal too.

In some months it will be beta ready.

I'm trying to make simple tron-like game clone for the next update post, will see how much I have to add to the editor. If you have some simple games that I can try to clone in Ceilfire, let me know. Such projects show me what features are missing and really used.

Nice to hear that you like it!

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”