3 to 5 or 7 Blocks

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
Sim

3 to 5 or 7 Blocks

Post by Sim »

No media but gameplay tech-demo itself. so I suppose that's better then actual images and videos since it is a measly small puzzle game

The game currently does not keep any sort of score. Its just gameplay or tech-demo I suppose.

The object of the game is to get 3 or more colored blocks in a row to remove them.

I am thinking about naming it "3 to 5 or 7 Blocks"

This was me just testing some things on HTML5, js

So the code was sort of slopped together.

I may turn it into a multiplayer game.

http://orpgcreator.com/3blocks/3blocks.html
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: 3 to 5 or 7 Blocks

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

its very kewl and a bit addicting. I went until the blocks stopped falling.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Pretty cool idea. The board is a bit wide though. When a color comes down that is clear at the other side of the board, there's not time to get over there :)
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Did find a possible bug. When a column completely fills up, it keeps dropping block on top of the last one that dropped
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Very cool, but...whew...is that tough!! The board is so wide and the blocks fall so fast!

If you are going to keep working on it, some options would be awesome! The most important one would be a difficulty relating to how fast the blocks drop and maybe how wide the board is :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Sim

Post by Sim »

Jackolantern wrote:Very cool, but...whew...is that tough!! The board is so wide and the blocks fall so fast!

If you are going to keep working on it, some options would be awesome! The most important one would be a difficulty relating to how fast the blocks drop and maybe how wide the board is :)

I noticed that different browsers make the blocks fall at different speeds. IE makes the blocks fall like 10x faster then google chrome. Its sort of weird.

I really wasn't even planning taking the game that far. At first I just wanted to figure out how to place images on a canvas. Then how to animate them. Then I start slopping more stuff together and getting frustrating at bug's and when I fixed them got determined to add something new and it finally came to that.
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”