Clicka Lettuce Seed

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
Callan S.

Clicka Lettuce Seed

Post by Callan S. »

Clicka Lettuce Seed

Clicka Lettuce Seed is an Idle game based on gardening that you can do in real life - I wanted to concentrate on that, as a way of making an Idle game and showing what anyone could do. It shows how you could save money and use that saved money to hit a series of donation goals - and past that, have the savings for whatever you want! As much as it's based on gardening that's possible in real life, it has a number of sweet boosts built into it to really let the saved money kick up over time!

It's my first game with Stencyl, taking a bit under a month to make.

Edit: It's basically a finished game so I'm not sure if it should actually go to the members section (but it's not a big game like a PBBG is, so I dunno)

Clicka Lettuce Seed
Jackolantern

Re: Clicka Lettuce Seed

Post by Jackolantern »

I was at the Start Here part, and kept clicking but wasn't really sure what I was doing or how to move to the next part.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

I'm not sure if that 'start here' is pointy enough - you clicked on the green plus button? It should have gone up.

I've added some help buttons to mouse over to appear when using one button unlocks a new button.

Thanks for playing, Jack :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

No problem!

The number did go up, but what do I do after that? It said to make 3 trays, but I am up to 13 now, and still nothing else has unlocked.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

The harvest button just to the right of the crafting button should be solid now and you can click on it. This earns saved money which can be spent on things like auto harvest, which is to the right of the harvest button.

I guess alot of clickers involve just clicking one thing to get the main currency of the game. Here it's a two button combo of the craft button and the harvest button.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I still only have the one button unlocked. Do I have to wait to get the adult lettuce?

Sorry, maybe it is just that I have not played something like this before, but I have no idea what I am doing or what the goal is.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Jackolantern wrote:I still only have the one button unlocked. Do I have to wait to get the adult lettuce?

Sorry, maybe it is just that I have not played something like this before, but I have no idea what I am doing or what the goal is.
Could you help me out and post a screen shot, Jack? Im really curious as to what's going on?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Ah, that 14 is your progress in crafting out of 90. Gotta get to 90 to finish one. Clicker games involve alot of clicks (the reddit forum for incremental games describes itself as a 'broken mouse convention'). So you have to click alot to start off (it's generally a recurring pattern in idle games) then management options unlock.

Once you've gotten to 90 you'll own one lettuce and the button below that auto builds (for a cost of $0.04, and you can use it once at zero saved money) will become available.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Ohhh, I see. I thought that was the number of lettuce that I had planted since it was right under the direction to plant 12 lettuce seeds and 3 trays. Thank you :)

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”