FURION: A Browser Based Strategy Game

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
Gunner

FURION: A Browser Based Strategy Game

Post by Gunner »

So after years of bullsh*tting that I will finish my game, I finally made it!! :D While everyone else is so advanced with node and real time stuff, I'm probably the only one who is still circling around basic PHP. :P Partly because I just wanted to prove to myself that I can finish a project. Now I made it to the launch even if it's still missing some features.. Thanks for every one of you for helping me out with the hard times!!

OK so this game is crafted with pure PHP on the server side. On the client side it has a bit of simple JS and plain HTML CSS 8-)

Here is the URL: http://furion.weby.biz/
Man.. I wanted a .com domain so bad and I asked my dad for it and he refused and said I should be focusing myself to school instead of these stuff for now :evil: dad are you kidding me..

Basic features:
- Attack, and be attacked
- Resources per hour production
- 4 types of resources: wood, clay, iron, wheat
- 6 types of troops each tribe
- 5x5 map grid system, -25 till 25
- Troops training
- Robbing system :) So you can rob other guy's resources in their village just by attacking them with your troops. This is to me the sweetest :D
- Combat system finally works perfectly
- Report system
- Rank page

Not yet done:
- Trading resource system
- Settling a new village
- Training peasants to allow build more than one building at once
- FAQ and basic methods to play and also in game guides
- Since the players are very very few I think the robbing system isn't that effective so you have to go really far and that takes so much time to just take resources. I probably will just add random NPC villages around (or oase) the map specially designed for players to take the resources from.

Sometimes when I try to register and play it from beginning this game is so bad.. IDK there seems to be nothing to do and OMG it's just so terrible! The grinding is probably too much and meh.. I don't think random people on the internet that don't know me will like it..

My tiny weenie guide to dominate in this game: just upgrade a lot of resource mine first.. since the players are still very few and not much inner buildings are available yet.. so whenever they're ready you just need to take your good resources income per hour and dominate.. :lol: and also, don't forget your password.

last but not least, all feedbacks either its positive or negative are all warmly welcome, including bugs report if you even found one ;)

still got a ton of work left to do!!

===================================================================================================================
Big Update! LATEST - Sun, 10th of August 2014
- Persian and Viking are now available to use!
- 12 new troops for Persian and Viking, 6 for each.
- The firefox layout error is kinda fixed, but it just still doesn't look as good as the one in Chrome.

Update: Fri, 8th of August 2014
- Fixed a bug where you are able to register with the existing username
- Fixed a bug where you can't login when your password is the same with your username

Update: Thu, 7th of August 2014
- Messaging system now added, and works!!

Update: Wed, 6th of August 2014
- Fixed a rare bug that can kill all your troops when attacking a village that has no troops defending it.
- Fixed report dating system are sometimes randomly selected instead of sorted by time.
- Fixed attacking without any 'Legionnaire' will cause the rest of your troops duplicate themselves.
===================================================================================================================
SCREENSHOTS
Last edited by Gunner on Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:37 am, edited 9 times in total.
Xaos

Re: FURION: A Browser Based Strategy Game

Post by Xaos »

Hey hey! Congrats on finishing, but remember, you're never finished ;) It is a big step though to complete and go live with your first big project. Keep working at it and advertise it a bit and maybe you'll get some players who give enough $ (You could set up so people could buy more stuff, or even just donate) so that you can move it to over to a .com :D
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Xaos wrote:Hey hey! Congrats on finishing, but remember, you're never finished ;) It is a big step though to complete and go live with your first big project. Keep working at it and advertise it a bit and maybe you'll get some players who give enough $ (You could set up so people could buy more stuff, or even just donate) so that you can move it to over to a .com :D
Thanks man! :D First comment! Yeah I think so there's nothing such 100% completed game, and there's always something left to work on. But just to reach like 80%++ I feel so accomplished already :D

Yep, I hope so. It's more like the credit card problem rather than the amount :( :( They only accept payments through paypal god dammit

This is so exciting I don't think I can put off the smile for the whole day now :P
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Well you could create a Paypal, don't link a card to it and have people put money into your paypal, using only PayPal currency.
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Yep, I had it since like 3 years ago I think but it keeps going $0,00 :D

As for that, some sites want the payment to be done with a verified account which can only be done using card.. and in fact actually most of them.. :(
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Oh, that makes sense. That sucks. And IIRC, you can't hook one of those pre-paid cards up to a PayPal, but you can purchase a domain with those cards. So have people pay you PayPal money, buy a PayPal card, hook it to your account, buy pre-paid cards, buy domain. Really long workarond but it may be your best option if you start getting $ from the game :)
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

Heh, at first I thought you meant you made this game haha:

http://www.ferion.com/portal/spacestrategygame.php
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
Chris

Post by Chris »

Lol when I read Furion I thought of an old classmate. He set up a hosting company called Furion. Someone hosted illegal private WOW servers and he won a court case against them for 50K euros. Seems his website has went offline and it doesn't have many good reviews :D. http://furion.nl/

Best of luck with the game.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Xaos wrote:Oh, that makes sense. That sucks. And IIRC, you can't hook one of those pre-paid cards up to a PayPal, but you can purchase a domain with those cards. So have people pay you PayPal money, buy a PayPal card, hook it to your account, buy pre-paid cards, buy domain. Really long workarond but it may be your best option if you start getting $ from the game :)
Well actually, there are some individual resellers out there who accept normal transaction even without verified CC so I think that'll do the trick 8-)

..and for names, I think the name 'furion' itself has been in many products though.. Try google "Dota Nature's Prophet" that hero is also named Furion.. :D But I swear I had the name even before I started playing dota or hearing a lot about those names so I don't feel bad at all :P

Thanks Chris!

Updates Today - Wed, 6th of August 2014
- Fixed a rare bug that can kill all your troops when attacking a village that has no troops defending it.
- Fixed report dating system are sometimes randomly selected instead of sorted by time.
- Fixed attacking without any 'Legionnaire' will cause the rest of your troops duplicate themselves.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Congratulations! 8-)
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”