Survive

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
Script47

Survive

Post by Script47 »

So I got bored so I decided to make a simple game which I thought would be fun to play while doing other stuff. I asked a friend to test it and here are his comments.

I wanted to create something simple, very easy to play but a "Time Waster" where you would keep going back. There is no goal other than to survive and not die. All feedback welcome!
I like the way you have to think about what your doing, You can't just click and click to progress, there's an element of thought needed which I enjoy
I like the idea of having to eat so on, as well as having to water harvests and all, It's not on most games and adds something different to the gameplay.
http://survive.my-jsgames.tk/
Callan S.

Re: Survive

Post by Callan S. »

I'm curious about playing, but you should list the price of seeds etc in the shop.
Script47

Post by Script47 »

If you hover over the links, you'll get the message of the price. I'll add some labels on tonight.
Script47

Post by Script47 »

Version Update!

Version: 1.1.2
  • * Tutorial has been added for those who wanted it
    * Added labels to shop items
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

So does health go down over time?

Also does it take into account if I plant a second seed late in the plantation timer cycle? Ie, does the second seed have it's own timer?
Script47

Post by Script47 »

The health decreases over time yes, it decreases because of hunger. Each seed has its own timer, for now you can only grow one seed at a time.
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

It took 3 minutes, 20 seconds for me to accumulate enough gold to buy a seed. This is boring, literally 0 actions are available to you. Why not start with enough gold to begin the process? That 3 min 20 seconds is wasted for every player. I really like this game. I think you should keep working on it, add some kind of de-facto graphics to improve the display and really push it. Make it a really good strategy game, add a bunch of more options and all that good stuff.

Also I died, yet I did EVERYTHING as soon as possible.
Script47

Post by Script47 »

Xaos wrote:It took 3 minutes, 20 seconds for me to accumulate enough gold to buy a seed. This is boring, literally 0 actions are available to you. Why not start with enough gold to begin the process? That 3 min 20 seconds is wasted for every player. I really like this game. I think you should keep working on it, add some kind of de-facto graphics to improve the display and really push it. Make it a really good strategy game, add a bunch of more options and all that good stuff.

Yes, in the next update you will start with more gold or the prices will be lowered of items. Also if you read the tutorial at the bottom. In small it says press the Click Me! button. That will help you out. For those who wish to play this casually without the "stress" of health this next update will contain game modes. I have some ideas in store already, but if you have any of your own please tell me.

What do you mean by de-facto graphics? Is there any options you'd like to see?

How long did you survive? :)
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Script47 wrote:
Xaos wrote:It took 3 minutes, 20 seconds for me to accumulate enough gold to buy a seed. This is boring, literally 0 actions are available to you. Why not start with enough gold to begin the process? That 3 min 20 seconds is wasted for every player. I really like this game. I think you should keep working on it, add some kind of de-facto graphics to improve the display and really push it. Make it a really good strategy game, add a bunch of more options and all that good stuff.

Yes, in the next update you will start with more gold or the prices will be lowered of items. Also if you read the tutorial at the bottom. In small it says press the Click Me! button. That will help you out. For those who wish to play this casually without the "stress" of health this next update will contain game modes. I have some ideas in store already, but if you have any of your own please tell me.

My highest was like 6 minutes without the "Click Me" button.

And something like, you're a farmer or something so it'll show your little farmer, a farm, etc. and then display all of your stuff. Just some graphics to spruce up the display.

Also, have you considered making this game into an app? I think it fits in a mobile platform and you'd get valuable experience in mobile dev.
Script47

Post by Script47 »

Xaos wrote:
Script47 wrote:

My highest was like 6 minutes without the "Click Me" button.

And something like, you're a farmer or something so it'll show your little farmer, a farm, etc. and then display all of your stuff. Just some graphics to spruce up the display.

Also, have you considered making this game into an app? I think it fits in a mobile platform and you'd get valuable experience in mobile dev.
Ah, so it is quite hard without the button. Right I will patch that.

I see, yes that would make it look a bit better.

Yes actually I have, I planned from the beginning to port it to Android when I felt (to a certain degree) pleased with the PC version. Then if it that went well port it to iOS. I plan to use PhoneGap which will allow me to use the same code.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”