Mordor 3: -- From Tutorial to Masterpiece --

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
vxmordor

Mordor 3: -- From Tutorial to Masterpiece --

Post by vxmordor »

Mordor 3 http://www.mordor3.com

Halloween Event:
This event is a great chance to obtain in Game Currency at an accelerated rate!

Several Halloween Theme based mobs spawn with higher drop rates.
(Low, Medium & High Level areas)

[*]Large Tile Based World Map
[*]Unlimited Character Progression
[*][/img]8 Professions
[*]World Bosses
[*]Built In Chat
[*]Hidden Areas & Events
[*]Resource Gathering

The Story of Advancement and Hallsofvallhalla Spawn:

About 1 Year ago I had almost no coding skills. I knew nothing about SQL Databases, PHP Code, Javascript, and only the very basics of HTML. Through the Tutorials Vallhalla posted (Even though they where several years old at the time) I began to learn PHP.

Using that as a foundation Mordor 3 was created. Since then nearly every aspect of the game has been rewritten multiple times as better methods have take precedence.

One of the essential secrets to how the game runs so smoothly is the fusion of languages. PHP can work together with Javascript & HTML. Not only in separation, but in java functions that run PHP code and PHP code that runs java.

Code like this was removed from the Game:
if (isset($_GET['run'])) $linkchoice=$_GET['run'];
else $linkchoice='';

switch($linkchoice){

case 'barbarian' :
echo "function or link";
break;

They where replaced with:
function drawamap () { direction= "drawmap";
$.post("drawmap.php",{ name:direction },function(ajaxresult){
$("#drawmap").html(ajaxresult); }); };

This function when called sends the variable name to the file drawmap.php. It then puts the output in a div (("#drawmap"). It has several benefits. Mainly it does not reload the page it simply outputs the php file into the div. This can be any div or any file (whether it needs to actually display something or just perform tasks, updating variables etc).

It can also use the variables sent to control which actions to perform.

Onclick Vs Href!

Href is another thing that was almost entirely removed. The onclick functions run the java commands instead.
Using CSS to create nice buttons using images also does a great deal for the game appearance.

<a class="buttonimage" onclick="runthisjavacommand()">

How it works: You almost never leave the main page. Everything you do simply uses java functions to call php pages to perform tasks. Therefore, your output can display onclicks which are usable by the main page.

A lot of work was spent revamping data into tables that allow for easier display. Using fixed widths and images inside the tables is not to difficult.

The game is continuing to evolve and update. There have been a few 1,000 registrations and generally several players online at all times.
Last edited by vxmordor on Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:58 am, edited 9 times in total.
Jackolantern

Re: Mordor 3: Open Beta

Post by Jackolantern »

I registered, and am pending approval.

The design seems a bit broken on my end. I see the feature list as a plain-text list on the left, and then the login and registration forms are all in a tiny window on the right that has scroll bars.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vxmordor

Post by vxmordor »

Your chat account has been activated.

The left hand side registration is for the game. (Does not require activation)
The right hand log in is for chat (requires activation to prevent trolling/spam).

Once you log into the chat it will it be sized correctly. It looks a little odd before that.

Thanks for testing it out :D

Click on the Info link inside the game for a little more details about how things work.

It's been in development for a few months, and is now ready for full beta. About 100 players have tested it so far.

Any suggestions are welcome in the chat.

You can also E-mail directly to mordor3@gmail.com or leave a comment here and I'll stop by.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

The sizes on the chat window are still broken. Half of the text is cut off. Here is a screen shot:

vxmordor

Post by vxmordor »

When you click the box for online players it will reduce it and the screen will be full. While the list is active it cuts off the text like that.

I used a 3rd party programs and changed some of the settings the best I could.
vxmordor

Post by vxmordor »

The Chat was revamped to remove the scrolling. The second image is how it looks after you click the online button to hide the window. I"ll see about doing that as a default.

Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Jack signed up for something? How you make this magic happen??/? :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Callan S. wrote:Jack signed up for something? How you make this magic happen??/? :)
:lol: :lol:

Am I known for not trying stuff out? :| :|
vxmordor

Re: Mordor 3: Open Beta *Update 6-14-2014

Post by vxmordor »

This game is updated daily.

New Maps
Added: Training Map/Guide for new players
Quests Added
User Interface updated
Menu's updated