Kingdom of NPC

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
KaL

Kingdom of NPC

Post by KaL »

KINGDOM OF NPC
text based browser game

Here is the overview of the game:

Document:

http://1drv.ms/1lrq9B3

Image of the character for the banner:

http://1drv.ms/1eW8hzS

Beta version coming out in May...

all feedback is appreciated:
KaL

Re: Kingdom of NPC

Post by KaL »

Here is a temporary trailer video of the game.
more content will be added. (current music is only for testing)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_L6S7 ... sp=sharing
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Looks good so far, and the advertisement as a test works, my only one suggestion on the video is the timing on some of the sentences seem a little fast, but that's just me. Good layout so far though!

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Looking good! :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
KaL

Post by KaL »

Thanks guys! I can't wait to hurry up and finish this game. Working solo on a MMORPG project is overwhelming and stressful but i hope it's all worth it.

I think the hard part is getting new player to register and play the game. The only ideas i have at the moment is getting donators from kickstarter to start the game, hire a lot of reviewers to advertise my game from youtube, or offer real money as a goal to complete a quest or finish a tournament.

Beside that do you guys have any other ideas to start this game?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I don't have many more ideas to offer, but I don't suggest to give cash prizes away. The only people it will bring in are people trying to hack the game to get an advantage who will likely leave after the competition. The money would likely be better spent on traditional banner advertising.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

Make an offer that people playing earns points towards you giving money to a charity of some kind.

It's win-win - hackers wont bother, people feel good about playing, you give to a charity. Wait, that's win-win-win!

It's what I'm planning to do, so if it goes off wonderfully, send a lil' credit my way :)
KaL

Post by KaL »

WOW! that is the best idea ever! The game can take half and donate the rest to charity. Then i can promote the game even more as a sponsor for that charity. :lol: thank you!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

KaL wrote:WOW! that is the best idea ever! The game can take half and donate the rest to charity. Then i can promote the game even more as a sponsor for that charity. :lol: thank you!
You taking half would require people not playing for points for charity, but rather buying things. Otherwise, you are keeping half of what? :lol:
KaL

Post by KaL »

Never mind I read the content the wrong way. Yeah! That idea is good too.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”