The Steam Punk MMO

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
neronix17

The Steam Punk MMO

Post by neronix17 »

I thought it best to start a new thread for this, my old site is now non-existant since I got a proper host and domain name. I am reaching the release which will at the latest be on Monday evening but I hope to have it released sometime tomorrow. So far the game has been made following the excellent tutorial videos made by hallsofvalhalla, but I have been adding a couple of my own features as well. I have almost finished the design but it will likely be a constant work in progress, but the basic shape of the site is pretty much done.

The added features Im talking about are the ability to choose your sex/gender, and having an avatar (mainly just eye-candy just now). The gender part isnt finished yet as I need to draw up some designs for the avatars for female characters, and finish the body for the male characters. But the system is already set up for when that is done so when it is released your character will be male either way but some day might just have a sudden sex change. I would very much like to see some designs for the clothing, and ideas for more classes, as when I have enough clothing designs made I will make a store which you can customise your avatar with different clothing no matter what your class.

The clothing is already separated into hats/helmets, shirts/jackets and pants/shorts, this way they are already interchangable and ready for when I release the store.

The next thing I have planned is the addition of a weapons store, similar to the magic store or item store but these will be passive items. You will be able to equip a weapon (gun or sword), a defence item (shield, cloaking device, etc) and also special slots for items which increase your abilities (such as increasing your maximum health, raising your attack or defence etc).
The special items are a permanent boost, like getting an implant or cybernetics, this also makes them difficult to show since you will be able to equip unlimited different special items (a limit for how far they can boost you at different levels will be introduced to stop cheating), this means I will not make images appear on the avatar area for these items.
The weapons will be shown either on or next to your avatar, I havent decided on that yet, these will be clockwork rifles, chain swords etc.
The defences will be in the form of personal shields, cloaking devices which make you slightly invisible and harder to hit etc, and will be shown next to the character, the shield would be easy to show on the characters but the cloak wouldnt be that great for seeing your avatar if you have 100% invisibility.

And finally I will place a list here to show the other addons I have been thinking on adding.
  • Different background images for different locations.
  • Shops for creating items and weapons using materials that are randomly spawned OR mined.
  • Rescource mining, not sure what else for other than creating items.
  • Loot drops in the form of clothing, weapons etc.
  • Ability to change the avatars physical appearance (skin colour, hair style, hair colour, eye colour, facial hair, etc).
Any other Ideas people give I will add to the list.

And finally the link, since I wanted people to read through all that I have posted it very last. Hope to see people signing up when its released :D

http://www.the-steam-punk.co.uk/
Last edited by neronix17 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This isnt just a gimp mask...This is an S&M gimp mask...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: The Steam Punk MMO

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

looking neato so far man.
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

thanks :D cant do much till i get my hosting package updated though, need mySQL databases lol
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

Okay, the game is now up and running properly, let me know if you encounter any problems with it. Also I know that if you choose female it shows up as male for your avatar, that bits not finished yet.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

very kewl! I am happy to see someone has the game up! Since you are the first I have seen that is matching the tutorial so close I will show off your game in the next video so people can see what the tutorial teaches.

btw i think you are out of creatures, i wouldn't delete the creatures when they are killed.
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

oh yeah lol, forgot to make it add it again when its dead lol
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

there, that should be enough creatures to kill until the lazy bastard at 000hosting accepts my account, within 24hrs my ass... anyway then I will have the crons stuff sorted out ^_^
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I registered to play, and let Firefox save my username and password right from the registration screen, but when I tried to log in with the saved credentials it said I had the wrong username or password. I then tried to type them in myself (I made them up only about 10 seconds previous) and I was still not able to get in. Not sure what the problem is.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Jackolantern wrote:I registered to play, and let Firefox save my username and password right from the registration screen, but when I tried to log in with the saved credentials it said I had the wrong username or password. I then tried to type them in myself (I made them up only about 10 seconds previous) and I was still not able to get in. Not sure what the problem is.

i had the same problem.
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

Got that same problem.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”