Smoo Online (Alpha)

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
Hamilton

Smoo Online (Alpha)

Post by Hamilton »

I have been supporting the company NeoJac for the development of some games. Have finally reached one at the Alpha Stage. This game is more catered to young players, so do keep that in mind. The Alpha is a Tower Type of defense game and is for the Browser, also capable with use in Facebook.

Title:
- Smoo Online
Engines:
- Client: Unity3D
- Server: Atavism*
Genre:
- Children

Links:
Game: http://www.smooonline.com/en/games
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SmooOnline

*Atavism:
Atavism is a server system the company has been working on for MMO use. I haven't mentioned this earlier on, because of the difficulty is high and may have never made it for release. When it is ready, it will allow for Unity3D to be used for a MMO. Hopefully we can get to that point and make it available for fellow Indies. Take a look at Smoo and see what you think.
Sign off,
Hamilton
Jackolantern

Re: Smoo Online (Alpha)

Post by Jackolantern »

Wow, this is incredibly impressive! What was your role in the development? :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Hamilton

Post by Hamilton »

I wish I could say I was a developer...
But all my roll has been is being the investor.
Sign off,
Hamilton
dbest

Post by dbest »

Very impressive.

Also - are you a profit-sharing partner/investor?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Ohh, I gotcha on what you mean by "supporting" now :) Very nice looking game, though! Have you seen the thread about monetizing Unity games, or are plans for the game already in place?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Hamilton

Post by Hamilton »

I have tried to help out with the development side more by documentation, however I am on deployment to foreign countries, which soak up a lot of my time. Then the original client was discarded for the Unity platform, which is one of those things of... "need to learn a new engine again." So, I have not put much else into it, work-wise.

I have been the sole investor for funding, more of the angel investor you could say. Get a platform & game running to then get other investors onboard. But as you can tell, that is not easy. Yes, do plan to monetize for it; which goes along of, need some income to make one's hobby become a full time career. I prefer going with a scheme that is for having transactions done for non-game impacting with other players. Such as skins and unique models; not with super weapons.

If this does get going along, then it will be expanded to more of an virtual world environment for Smoo.
Then add in the older titles we had hoped for; Islands of War and Force of Arms. But got to start somewhere.

As for my side project... it is something I can put in some time, should be fairly simple and just to start building the concept you could say.
Sign off,
Hamilton

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”