SimSportsDynasty - Baseball Sim

Got a project near completion? Got a project with lots of screens and media? This is the place. This is for nearly finished and Projects with lots of media.
MikeD

SimSportsDynasty - Baseball Sim

Post by MikeD »

Game Name and Link:

SimSportsDynasty - http://simsportsdynasty.com

Description

SSD is a baseball management game. This is different from all other baseball offerings due to the fact that SSD focuses on College Baseball. I will also have a Pro League, but my main focus is on the college league.

College - You can set lineups, scout High school players, set strategy, recruit (similar to NCAA console series), and try to build a championship squad.
Pro - Set lineups, scout college players, set strategy, sign free agents, trade, etc.

The game will be Free to Play for as long as you want. However, there will be some paid features that can help you out.

Development

After WarriorsRealm had failed, due to lack of planning, awful development and interactivity, and a poor user-guide. I decided to give something else a try. I've always like playing sports management games, so I thought I would try one of my own. Something that was new to the market, and not done before. I chose baseball, because there aren't many baseball sims, and none that I know of that include college.

The actual simulation took me quite awhile to build. Probably over a month. It's written in PHP. Took loads of research, and quite a few sleepless nights filled with frustration. It's still in a basic form and missing a few elements. Eventually it will have a text-based replay, with each play delayed to a timer in javascript, but for now it's just a boxscore.

The game as a whole is in a Pre-Alpha stage. I'm currently trying to get everything ready. Quite a bit to do before Alpha, which will only feature College. Once I have Alpha complete, I will break it down and redesign the whole site, as the template I created now, is missing a few things that will be essential.

Team

For now it's just me. Although I am still possibly on the hunt for a partner.

Screenshots

I'll get a boxscore screenie soon. I changed the DB around a bit, so I have to redo a few things on the sim to get it going again.

Torax

Re: SimSportsDynasty - Baseball Sim

Post by Torax »

Last edited by Torax on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
srachit

Post by srachit »

Looks pretty good, just wish I knew how baseball worked :P
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Looks cool! And very interesting that it appears you are using college baseball versus pro. That would definitely set your game apart :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

Thanks guys. I will be using Pro as well, but it's just not going to be released with College, as I'll have to copy the Sim, and change a bunch of formulas to create a pro-league sim.

I went ahead and started some of the new design. I changed the menu to drop-down, so it looks quite a bit better, and gives me room to fit everything I needed to.

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Once again, very nice layout.

Return to “Project Showoff Tier II”